Clarification on the 2018 Q50 Red Sport carbon fiber package

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
pkarandi
Car: 2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT

So my wife and I went to test drive the 2018 Q50 Sport and Red Sport today. Right now, we are looking for a replacement for her 2004 G35x, which has been a phenomenal car. Her old car has 150K miles, and aside from it burning a bit of oil and some other minor issues over the years, it has been a great car. She was not wowed by the new Q50 Sport, and doesn't care enough about performance to get the RS. She is probably going to get the Tesla Model S.

I, however, loved the Red Sport, and will probably get one within the next year or so. (I have a 2007 Acura TL Type-S). On to my question...
The 2018 Red Sport that we test drove had a $1500 carbon fiber package (CF mirrors and trunk lid spoiler), which does not even appear in the online Infiniti configurator.

1) Was this package removed after the first 2018's were shipped?

2) I can't tell if the 2018 RS mirrors are either black or carbon fiber (standard) in the Ifiniti website pics. None of the pics are close up enough. Are the base RS mirrors black or carbon fiber? If they are CF, then the only thing missing from the carbon fiber package would be the CF trunk lid spoiler, which I guess is not a huge deal. If they are simply black, I might want to figure out if I can get both the mirrors and trunk lid spoiler in CF, since they looked pretty sweet on my tester.

I asked the sales rep and he was not sure what the deal was. (Can't say I blame him with the constant changes Infiniti is throwing at their models).

RED_DET
Vendor
Car: 2004 6 speed G35 Sedan, 2011 G37x, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SR20DET, C7Z06

The mirrors are body colored. The fender vents and mirror covers attached with double side taped. The carbon fiber fog finisher clips into place after you remove the non carbon fiber. The carbon fiber spoiler is mounted with tape and drilling is required for the nuts and clips.

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”