Civic vs. 500hp 240sx (video)

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
TrunkMonkey
Car: 2000 lincoln navigator

500hp and the civic is still that close.

i don't think so.

lucas_420
Car: 92 240 hatch

There is no way that 240 had 500hp.

If it did, it would kill Corvettes, and a Civic would be a cake-walk

TrunkMonkey
Car: 2000 lincoln navigator

MotorMatrix wrote:Civic weight is 1900 lbs. Full Gutted. If your so samrt, How much horse power do you think it would have to make to beat a 240sx with 500hp. Now let me remind you this is a civic turbo with a 60-1 turbo...... : )
i'm smart enough to know that a 500hp 240 will smoke a civic.

EONE914

S13Ka24e
Car: Tunning, reading, learning

Damn that civic is at 22 psi at 475hp. Man that must have been one sick race. I wish there was more video.

lucas_420

ok... if the first post would have had more info this string wouldn't have happened.

With both cars putting out HP figures that close, it really comes down to the driver

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

neat.

lick THAT.

lucas_420

true, power to weight ratio is important... but even when someone has a light, high HP car, if they can't control it they arn't going anywhere.

case in point:

I used to have a friend who built a Nissan hardbody with a 400hp 327. It had an insane power/weight ratio but he lost a lot of races 'cause he would just sit and spin.

anyway: cool car, good race, nice win

maxpsi

That 240 isnt 500hp. There is no way. If someone was really going to put that much into their 240, wouldnt you think that they would have spent some money on a muffler that would allow the exhaust gasses to escape faster allowing for much more power cheaply? That muffler is stock. Look again guys! this guy is pulling somethign over all of your eyes. He's a regular from the honda-ms and shouldnt be here. he is only here to start crap with us.

Wolf240SX
Car: Tuning my car, working on friends cars

hey maxpsi stock internals?

Jarret

Ummm, sure.

that was a rolling takeoff the both of them did. So, one of the drivers is a little generous with the hp.....

If the honda had over 400hp, it wouldn't be that close, the 240 has only 100 more hp to take care of 1000 lb of weight.

If the 240 had 500hp, it wouldn't be that close. the ratio of the 3rd gear would be able to run the car smoothly to almost 90mph without shifting... and dust the honda.

But whatever way it went... at least the guy in the 240 was driving a sports car, not an economy car with a feeble case of engine envy.

NISSAN for drivers.Honda for commuters.

-Jarret

240 or die

:withstup

michael Walters

whats up guys i am the owner of that 240sx and I will post the next video of the next race we have if he give me anothe race. He did pull me but more tuning is going on. I should pull him the next time we race but not if he is runing 40psi. I am at 3200 he is at 1900 pounds. I am not at 500hp but over 400, 550hp is my goal on stock internals. we will see what happen

michael Walters

it seems that my CAR is the big talk on the web, it is stock, stock rods, pistons, stock cam and valve train. emagin if i realy work this emgin. It seems like i am the talk on honda-tech.com. i herd he weigh in at 1700 lBs not 1900 lbs dont worry we will meet again. Remember real horse power does not come in a day.

lucas_420

michael walters wrote:it seems that my CAR is the big talk on the web,

Kinda makes you all warm and fuzzy doesn't it....

Quote »it is stock, stock rods, pistons, stock cam and valve train.[/quote]Over 400hp???Sure would like to know what you did do to the motor:bowdown

Matthew

400hp on stock KA internals? or do you have a sr20det?

michael Walters

Ka stock internals

Matthew

You're my hero:wavey

asad

Michael, Do you have any dyno charts or even drag strip numbers to back up your 400hp claim?

Asad

I H8 UR DSM

welcome Asad : )nice to see you here.....newbie!

hehe, jp

Jesse

Daunttless

Hmmm, every high horsepower KA-T that I"ve known of has blown something with that much power on stock internals. Period.

I H8 UR DSM

huh? i know and have seen 500+whp KA turbo motors/cars....and seen them run on the track....any of the tuners would be the first to say that they do NOT have stock internals....fully built motors, custom motor mounts, standalone ecu's, additional fuel injectors, etc etc....if your saying you have 500hp on a stock internal KA, i dont believe you either...

btw, 500+hp 240, with traction setup should run int he mid 10's

Daunttless

Heh, thats the first thing anyone mentions, look at Duy's car, well, I guess its not his anymore, but him and the other owners have gone thru what, 4 FULLY BUILT engines at his 500 horsepower mark or what not, they rebuilt it "bulletproof" again and it blew up again like a month or two ago.

I H8 UR DSM

yea, i'll believe it when i see it.....all i can go buy is what tuners who have done it say...and they say BS on stock internal motors....so....

michael Walters

...What the hell would you expect from a bunch of hunduh boys...nothin but a bunch of lies....first of all.if that civic has 475 hp....That ish is slow.....all it has is a seat and a tach....1700 lbs minus driver.....its a soda can with slicks....it can't run at the track cuz...it has no roll cage...it's not a street car cuz...it has no interior....NoTHING.....barely pulling a full bodied, street 240, 3200 lbs minus driver with 401 hp....wow....big achievement...for a 1.8....yes 1.8 turbocharged motor in a soda can...don't let them guys pull your wankers....they're hunduh BOYS....that tin can would never....no...NEVER....see a 500 hp 240....on any street...on any planet.

sil80drifter
Car: 1990 240SX Hatch

hey mike, on the back yard site, under your modifications, what in the ungodly crap is a NISSAN SKYLINE 3" EXHAUST PAN ?!

(just curious)

:thinker

sil80drifter

Turbo_Nismo_EC
Car: My truck...of course

Man...a 500 hp stock block KA. And to think that I'm worried about blowing up my mildly built KA (pistons, worked factory rods, balanced..etc.) at 250 (Wheel). I do not know how you are accomplishing this, but it makes me feel better knowing a stock block motor is taking it. Good tuning:cool:

Zebrahead
Car: cars, basketball, girls, fishing

The 240 was on the right, and looks like he was behind . . . The vid is too fuc*in' small.

Nick.

michael Walters

This is GT REVVA....posting under Mike's name...I posted the last reply...I won't even bother to quote your sorry azz....for somebody who won a little race....you sure sound hot under the collar....word is you blew your little sorry azz head gasket....Is that why you want $500...to repair yo s*it? Why do you want us to put money up so you can prove that tin can weighs over 2000 lbs?....You have a shop...you can always put your interior back in to go weigh......you guys are pathetic.....you don't build anything in your shop....y'all are nothing but "installers"...get offa BYP's d*ck.......what are you mad....cuz you thought the 240 you barely beat had 500 hp huh? Nope....just a little over 400....try again....if you had all that power and barely beat the real "Street Car"....what's gonna happen when we turn it up.....tsk,tsk.....what, you thought you would shake the hornet's nest and butterflies would fall out......how about we use some hunduh technology and, remove everything from the 240 that is D.O.T. approved....you know, like...interior, seats, dash, a/c....etc etc......you know the car is still lugging all that stuff around and still hasn't blown the headgasket yet....all stock internals too....can you say that? Hmmmmm.....NO! and we can sleep at night cuz...our car is still running....as for pregnancy tests....ain't no girls around here..just real ni**as with big d*cks.or haven't you learned about the birds and the bees....We do custom work...and we tune our own s*it....you blew up? sounds like you wasted your money on tuning...too bad....come check us next time....you that hard up for publicity that your hunduh drivin azz gota post on a Nissan site....damn yo.....I guess everybody wants to be like BYP huh?.....you can't order our stuff out of a catalog "parts replacement technicians"....BTW...if you want to put a face with all this speech....I'm GT REVVA...the one with the dreadlocks....if you got anything else to say to me...say it when you see me....punk mufus! WE ARE BYP......ACT LIKE YOU KNOW!!!! P.S....did you take your interior out to make room for your fat azz....maybe you're the one who needs a pregnancy test... Go ahead......have your baby first...or if you need a roomier car....a REAL car....you can always get a 240.....then you can buy a "bolt" on kit...from us....Wait....WE DON"T DO BOLT ONS! LOL!

Daunttless

We don't really want this on our boards, I"m closing you down with this final note:

I very much doubt the horsepower claims of either car.

Assuming in some fantasy world they really are putting out that much power, the KA is most definitely not on stock internals, I don't really care what you say on an internet chat forum, its been proven time and time again the KA will not take the power. The KA will make the power, but it will eventually blow up without some hardcore tuning and a ****load of work. Take your bull**** somewhere else. If you get into a pen15 contest in another thread, I'll be restricting you. Enjoy your day.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”