circuit sport exhaust manifold gasket install direction help

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
260sr20

Hey, can not for the life of me find a solid answer on this

Engine-----SR20det S13
Location----Inbetween the head and exhaust manifold
Gasket------Circuit Sport 7 layer metal exhaust manifold gasket

The gasket is directional, but I am unsure of the correct direction. Does anyone know?

I have seen two people who put the dull black side facing out. I know the metal/paper gaskets have the metal out. Cant seem to find an answer on this and need to get this done :gotme

Shiney metal side with the imprint pushing out

The dull black side with the imprint pushing into the gasket

2_Liter_Turbo
Car: _________________
'96 S14 Coupe: SR20VET
'90 R32 TH1 GTR: RB26DETT
'92 S13 Fastback: SR20DET
'11 V36 Sedan: VQ25HR
'06 GMT800 2500HD: LBZ Duramax

If you put the gasket on the head one way, I believe one of the tabs hits the coolant neck. It did on mine, so that answered which direction pretty easily. If not, then I wouldn't worry about it too much. It'll seal either direction. Just make sure everything lines up how it should.

260sr20

2_Liter_Turbo wrote:If you put the gasket on the head one way, I believe one of the tabs hits the coolant neck. It did on mine, so that answered which direction pretty easily. If not, then I wouldn't worry about it too much. It'll seal either direction. Just make sure everything lines up how it should.
thanks for the replay. Mine was able to go either direction when installing. Ended contacting circuit sport once the work week started. They indicated the black part goes to the manifold and the silver the head.

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”