Chroming Plastic

NICO's official source for Nissan upholstery, carpet, headliners, and trim information!
SarahLovesHer300zx
Car: 1989 JDM z32TT 2+2, 2012 R1, 2007 Xterra Off Road 6mt

I am in need of someone that can chrome plastic. I've got some interior trim panels that are starting to show some wear, but I'm having a hard time finding a shop that can do the work. I hope the far reaching connections of NICO can help me.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Are they actually chromed plastics or just painted and finished with clear or maybe even aluminum plated and finished? I looked into actual plastic chroming and it's not something that can be repaired, it's done to new parts the first time around. My research could be wrong though. Have you considered buying new OEM or just painting them yourself with some chrome spray and clear afterwards?

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Any clear overspray generally knocks some 'chrome' reflectivity off to be duller looking. True chroming of plastic is generally aluminizing in a vacuum. Like model kit car parts.

Look up 'vacuum metallizing' on google. We had a guy here local who did it for years and willing to do individual parts but he has recently quit.

RandyBonnette

domyhomework
I am in need of someone that can chrome plastic. I've got some interior trim panels that are starting to show some wear, but I'm having a hard time finding a shop that can do the work. I hope the far reaching connections of NICO can help me.
Hi there,

The best variant, as for me, is Custom Chrome which is in your area. Their address: 4905 Belfort Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32256, Duval County. And here's the email: webguy (at) d!ck (dot) com
You may try to contact them.

carldu
Car: 08 Titan

It can be a DIY project. I know chromeillusion offers chrome paint for plastic pieces.

DenisMcG
Car: 2009 Infiniti FX50

Depending on the shape of the pieces, a chrome vinyl wrap mught be a good option.

Return to “Interiors”