Chris and other LSx guys

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

I've been looking closely at the head to shock tower clearance in all of the pics that have been posted. In your opinion is there room for a turbo header. So you have an idea of what I mean. The back to ports will join into one longer tube that runs forward. The front two ports will do the same. Both will meet forward of the shock towers and into a 2-1 collector. Once they reach the collector I'll be able to place the turbo flange basically anywhere. This will be in a twin setup.

Note that everything that can be moved to the trunk will be.

WD

cnichols
Car: 96 Nissan 240SX, 99 Infiniti Q45, 93 Ford Fastiva

I think there will be. I've seen it done in an FD before.

Only thing that would worry me is the coil packs being so close. Katech makes a new mounting plate that moves them up closer to the fuel rails. Do that, ceramic coat the manifolds, and put a heat shield over the coils and I'd say you're good to go.

Swedish Mike
Car: Golf TDI, Volvo 850T5 and 200sx S13 Hatch

Love these ideas, keep on talking guys!

WDRacing

cnichols wrote:I think there will be. I've seen it done in an FD before.

Only thing that would worry me is the coil packs being so close. Katech makes a new mounting plate that moves them up closer to the fuel rails. Do that, ceramic coat the manifolds, and put a heat shield over the coils and I'd say you're good to go.
Huh, totally didn't even think about the coils. Meh, there's enough heat shielding on the market nowadays to not worry to much. I could always move the coils myself. Maybe a tyte JDM style coil mounting plate made from unobtanium...then I would be cool.

OutToWinPAHC
Car: 2015 Silverado, R33 GTST, R32 GTR, RB20 E46 RHD, 2015 Harley Vrod Muscle, 1990 Nissan Patrol

Turbo sucks for clearance, have to get mounted down below near the bottom or the motor. For the price of it its better to stroke, or just supercharge. and cut a big *** hole in the hood.

WDRacing

There's plenty of room for turbo's once the headers are brought forward...hell there's two gaping holes on each side of the engine bay.

No way I'm mounting them under the headers, that makes for a PITA.

cnichols
Car: 96 Nissan 240SX, 99 Infiniti Q45, 93 Ford Fastiva

WDRacing wrote:There's plenty of room for turbo's once the headers are brought forward...hell there's two gaping holes on each side of the engine bay.

+1

TheOne
Car: 93 240sx FB

WDRacing wrote:There's plenty of room for turbo's once the headers are brought forward...hell there's two gaping holes on each side of the engine bay.

how bout some sort of STS styled setup?

or putting the turbos @ the front like that S14 with a vq35 where the headers pointed to the front then a pipe ran to the turbos down of where the stock battery/intake are.

i though hinson was testing something along the lines of a tt setup for their S14 ls1?

there should be plenty of room around for some tt's.

WDRacing

The turbo's will definitly be mounted up front for sure. Feeding into a fmic with twin bottom inputs and one singe output at the top that will go directly to the TB. The headers I'm going to fab are very basic but will flow well enough for my power goals. Banks uses a log style mani and still manages to crank out 1500 to the wheels.

I looked into a remote mount setup. I am actually debating on that particular idea for my K5 Blazer. The oil return is the only part thats a pita, but I found a decent pump made by Mocal designed for hot oil thats not to expensive.

Return to “Hybrids”