Chip Upgrade

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
ash1y1
Car: Cars, Gadgets & Gizmos, Computers, Health, Travel

Is it possible for me to get a new chip for my car without having to take my current one out and sending it to someone for two weeks? The reason is my car is a daily driver and can't afford to get a rent a car for 2 weeks. Isn't there a place to just buy a new chip or do they have to be sent in to be upgraded and/or reprogrammed?

Please provide multiple websites so I can compare pricing as I am poor. Thanks guys

ash1y1
Car: Cars, Gadgets & Gizmos, Computers, Health, Travel

I found this at another forum site. This guy builds daughter boards that plug directly into the stock ecu. Please tell me if this is bull or not.

MaineExport
Car: Quad racing, import cars and Trucks. Hunting, fishing whatever.

JWT is the best source for your quandry. There IS NO CHIP to replace.. the ECU has to be reprogrammed. There are a couple ways to get this done. Take out your ECU and send it to them, and pay a lot of money for the reprogramming, then wait until they send it back. OR, if you don't want any down time, double your investment, try to find another ECU and ship it to them, then when it gets back, replace your stock ECU with the new one. Hey maybe we could start a chain of ECU upgrades. You send your stock ECU to another NICO member, then they send that one to JWT, when they get it back reprogrammed, they send their stock ECU to someone else.... and so on.... damn I'm smart

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”