College Football...

NICOclubs sports and p0ker related discussion forum
a.blanco0905
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45
91 300zx TT
07 Kaw ZX6R

He let Auburn run the clock down almost 2 minutes, what a dummy...
Last edited by a.blanco0905 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

orangeNblue
Car: 2008 Nissan 350z

I'm not sure why he didn't use his time outs, but Auburn had the game either way. Auburn's kicker, Byrum, can pretty much knock anything down inside a 50 yard kick. I was really surprised that Oregon came back though to tie up the game. Of course, the ref did put in a really nice Oregon block. :nono:

It was a great game, finally Auburn get the National Championship they deserve!! War Eagle!

a.blanco0905
91 300zx TT
07 Kaw ZX6R

orangeNblue wrote:I'm not sure why he didn't use his time outs, but Auburn had the game either way...
I agree and at that moment I was telling my friend that Oregon should just let Auburn score a TD a FG or whatever, (because they were going to score anyways) in order for them to have some time to at least try to even up and go OT.

RCA

a.blanco0905 wrote:I agree and at that moment I was telling my friend that Oregon should just let Auburn score a TD a FG or whatever, (because they were going to score anyways) in order for them to have some time to at least try to even up and go OT.
Yeah, same here. The biggest call of the night was the challenge ruling the last TD on the half yard line...

They needed to let Auburn score in order to have a miracle shot...
A FG from that close can be kicked sky high so a block is nearly impossible.

s0m3th1ngAZ
Car: 96' Miata
2014 Focus ST

Whatevs, it's our next year.

orangeNblue

Yeah I was watching it with a family of Alabama fans...the whole game I was getting a play by play of what Oregon should do to win the game. Listening in you would've thought I was watching the game with Oregon fans. What's really funny is that last year I watched the Auburn vs Alabama game with them, when Auburn almost knocked Alabama out of a National Championship bid, and got an hear full about how I should be rooting for Alabama so they could represent the SEC in a National Title. Then another ear full when I said I didn't care who won between Alabama and Texas. :wtf2: Hypocrites

timmy0257
Car: 08 Infiniti G35 Journey 5AT
-R2C Intake
-interior LEDs w/ tag lights
-SBD grounding kit
-TBW engine cover
-Eibach Pro-kit
-JL Audio

Future Mods include GT-Spec strut bar & more.

Robert Smith, from ESPN, picks Oklahoma pre-season #1 with FSU at #2. I am not sure how he figures FSU at #2. I am diehard FSU, but I am not sure we will crack the top 10.

If he is right, we have OU at home early on. Could be a BCS bid for us.

a.blanco0905
91 300zx TT
07 Kaw ZX6R

timmy0257 wrote:Robert Smith, from ESPN, picks Oklahoma pre-season #1 with FSU at #2. I am not sure how he figures FSU at #2. I am diehard FSU, but I am not sure we will crack the top 10.

If he is right, we have OU at home early on. Could be a BCS bid for us.
Wow that's a crazy pre season ranking for the sooners and FSU given that Andrew Luck is staying put at Stanford, Boise State and TCU are basically the same team and Oregon is losing just 2 or 3 key guys and then there's the SEC power houses... Bob Stoops is a great coach but in this decade he's had Adrian Peterson and Sam Bradford to back his "W"colum, I think they've over-hyping Landry Jones.

orangeNblue

I thought Boise was losing more starters than that plus they face off against Georgia right off the bat, not that Georgia is a great team but they are an SEC team with a pretty good QB...TCU I think will be the team to beat. they'll still have a pretty easy schedule so they should be able to stay at the top of the rankings. Oregon gets a test first thing too playing LSU. I agree with blanco, sooners may be okay next year but by no means are they a #1 worthy team. Stanford will be another of those teams sitting in the top 5. Auburn will go into a rebuilding season and hopefully pull out a winning season. I think FSU will be a team at the top as well. I think they'll definitely win their division.

a.blanco0905
91 300zx TT
07 Kaw ZX6R

OnB, theres' a lot of seniors leaving BSU, obviously, but I was referring to core players in key positions that likely wont be replaced by a player with the same set of skills. I didnt know they played Georgia for their opener... that's a very promising game... but I'd have to agree with you and side with Georgia over BSU on that one, even with A.J. Green leaving to the NFL, Georgia is a solid team plus In my opinion and not based on last year records, they should be in contention for the SEC title right behind LSU and Alabama and if they lose that first game they can pretty much scratch themselves off the list early.

orangeNblue

Yeah sadly I think Alabama will be atop the SEC next year. Saban is a hell of the coach and he's an amazing recruiter. They can win all they want as long as Auburn beats them in the end...lol. Do you think AJ Green will be a top 5 pick. There are people picking him as #1 which would be crazy.

Boise will always be a good team but at the same time they play a decently easy schedule. I know they're trying to pick up better games and it would be great to see them play a more difficult games. I do hope Stanford is great. Winning it all would be great after Harbaugh decided to leave, not that it was a bad idea for him to leave, I'd just enjoy seeing that.

Personally I kinda hope LSU loses their game against Oregon. LSU has the worst fans. 99% of the LSU fans I've met have been complete (words I can't say on this site). For the good ones I know I'm sorry, but to the rest...how to put it nicely...get some class. Same goes to Alabama fans, who funny enough give lectures about routing for the SEC when they're playing but routing for Oregon when Auburn is playing for a national title. (personal experience)

Should be another interesting year in college football in 2011, too bad it's 9 months away

a.blanco0905
91 300zx TT
07 Kaw ZX6R

orangeNblue wrote: Should be another interesting year in college football in 2011, too bad it's 9 months away
I get depressed when there's no NFL... I can wait a little on NCAAF, I just wish they did all the major sporting events in a better schedule so you you're not bored from April to August with baseball... lol. Do you know what I mean? Like why have college football and NFL football during the same months? Would you imagine if the College season stared in June/july??? Or how about march madness and the NBA playoffs so close together? I'm a sport junkie (mainly football tho) and I think you are too, ONB; and most likey if you're reading this, you too. So I know you feel my pain.

orangeNblue

Guess every sports needs its season for TV time. I agree though...baseball becomes uninteresting very fast. They're alright to go to but get boring watching on the TV...even the world series. I really can't get into basket ball either. Only playoff time, maybe, do I find myself watching games. I love hockey tho. I used to play so that's probably why. I love sports too, playing them more than watching them, except when it comes to football. I really enjoy watching any type of football game. except the jets...lol :chuckle:

Return to “The Sports Bar”