Chick car

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
rogueortiguan

As my login would suggest, I am shopping the Tiguan and the Rogue. Well, I came across and LA times article that says both are in the top 10 vechicles bought by women.

http://www.latimes.com/classif...llery
Modified by rogueortiguan at 11:16 PM 6/24/2008

Phil'sFrontier
Car: Nissan Frontier SE kc 4x4

rogueortiguan wrote:As my login would suggest, I am shopping the Tiguan and the Rogue. Well, I came across and LA times article that says both are in the top 10 vechicles bought by women.

You can add my wife to that list...lol.She is dead set on the Rogue. I guess you are in the wrong vehicle class.

I think the gender of a vehicle really depends on the paint colour as well...ie...White Rogue....Girls Car or Black Rogue....more masculine.

philipa_240sx

I get the same comments sometimes... But I refuse to drive a big, gas guzzling, manly vehicle just to stroke my own ego. In the end I laugh last when I can pull up to the pump and smile knowing the money I save on gas will buy me more beer!

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

It's all those "little guys" out there who feel inferior and the need to compensate for their "smallness" by purchasing big vehicles. Guys like Philip and I don't need to compensate, so we feel good driving the Rogue, and anyway I think it looks sporty cool rather than girly anyway, but everyone has their opinion!

IdaCrue
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

I've heard that too but I don't really care what the L.A. Times says about anything. The rogue is sporty, gas efficient, has AWD for those long northwest winters, and is alot of fun to drive. Since I purchased my Rogue the 4 Wheel Drive gas guzzling pickup truck has been parked, and is just awaiting duty as a ATV hauler and hunting truck. I guess when I need to renew my manhood, I'll just take the truck out for a spin.

Phil'sFrontier

I think there is no question that the Rogue is very appealing to women. Let's not kid ourselves. It's fuel efficient, has great list of standard safety features, and great for moving a lot of small items or one or two larger items. All things that appeal to women.LIke I said before, I think the vehicles gender has more to do with what colour you choose...lol

I did find the Rogue fun to drive, but after driving my Frontier with marvelous torque/hp coming from the vq40 engine; I thought the Rogue was rather tame(not a bad thing)

kerrton

Phil’sFrontier wrote:I think there is no question that the Rogue is very appealing to women. Let's not kid ourselves. It's fuel efficient, has great list of standard safety features, and great for moving a lot of small items or one or two larger items. All things that appeal to women.LIke I said before, I think the vehicles gender has more to do with what colour you choose...lol

I did find the Rogue fun to drive, but after driving my Frontier with marvelous torque/hp coming from the vq40 engine; I thought the Rogue was rather tame(not a bad thing)
Dude, what are you talking about? That doesn't even make sense! Why would fuel efficiency, safety features and hauling small to medium sized items have anything to do with your gender? I don't know about you, but if I get in an accident I like to know that my head is going to stay attached to my body and might have an ok chance of living through it, and my gender isn't relevant to this at all!! Same with fuel efficiency - I like to spend my cash on stuff that is fun and cool, rather than on gasoline.

I think you are confusing male preferences with RED NECK preferences. I am a guy and like guy stuff which includes fuel efficiency and sporty performance in my vehicle.

If I was a Red Neck I'd drive the biggest truck possible and I'd go offroading and tear up nature - I'd leave HUGE scars on the landscape including sensitive riparian areas (that means things like creeks and rivers) with my big stupid truck, and I'd produce TONS of disgusting, cancer-causing tailpipe emitions which my neighbors and family would be forced to breath, my truck would also be real loud and annoying, and would basically affect everybody around me in a negative way, but I wouldn't care one bit because I'd be an ignorant RED NECK. Also, I'd be totally broke, because I'd spend all my money on a huge expensive truck that I can't really afford to begin with, and then I'd have huge fuel and maintenance repair costs that would eat up all my cash. And all I'd get for all of that money would be a big icon that screams "look at me, I'm a red neck".

Good thing I'm not a red neck, but rather I'm a guy who looks for good value, I attempt to minimize my impact on the planet, and respect my neighbors and the environment that keeps me alive. All of these things are not gender-specific but rather are indicitive of respectable, intelligent human beings.

kerrton

rogueortiguan wrote:As my login would suggest, I am shopping the Tiguan and the Rogue. Well, I came across and LA times article that says both are in the top 10 vechicles bought by women.

That was such a stupid article, most of those cars are bought by women right around the 53% mark which means they are equally purchased by men and women. The Rogue is 53% women, 47% men, essentially the same. They were just trying to manufacture a story out of nothing, and their own stats proved that. The Sentra and CRV were at like 50.1 and 50.0 %. Come on, that is half and half you morons, didn't they even look at the stats before writing the article??!!

Phil'sFrontier

kerrton wrote:
Dude, what are you talking about? That doesn't even make sense! Why would fuel efficiency, safety features and hauling small to medium sized items have anything to do with your gender? I don't know about you, but if I get in an accident I like to know that my head is going to stay attached to my body and might have an ok chance of living through it, and my gender isn't relevant to this at all!! Same with fuel efficiency - I like to spend my cash on stuff that is fun and cool, rather than on gasoline.
Umm... OK talk about making sense. I don't know how or where you came up with all that redneck stuff but good on you. What I said makes lots of sense, here's is some light reading for you..http://www.wsoctv.com/automotive/16590218/detail.html

Sorry but this further backs up the fact that women like the small crossover type vehicles. Please; no more redneck stories

Roguemonster
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD (Iridium Graphite)

This is all the funnier because just this morning, the CEO of the company I work for stopped me and peppered me with questions about my Rogue.

The reason...His wife saw it in our parking lot and wanted to know more about it.

The woman currently drives the biggest, blackest Escalade you've ever seen.

HGS
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD / '97 BMW 328ic

kerrton wrote:
That was such a stupid article, most of those cars are bought by women right around the 53% mark which means they are equally purchased by men and women. The Rogue is 53% women, 47% men, essentially the same. They were just trying to manufacture a story out of nothing, and their own stats proved that. The Sentra and CRV were at like 50.1 and 50.0 %. Come on, that is half and half you morons, didn't they even look at the stats before writing the article??!!
If the article was about the top ten cars bought by women then the percentages you mention are irrelevant. Even if all cars were split 50/50 between men and woman purchasers there would still be a top ten that women buy. This is actually independent of how each brand splits between genders.

That said, I thought everyone knew that the Honda CRV and Subaru Forester are women's cars.

tellurian
Car: Rogue

What a stupid post. (No offense rogueortiguan, you're not stupid, the post may be and LA times certainly is).

What I can't believe is that people would actually respond to a 'chick car' post.

Phil'sFrontier

tellurian wrote:What a stupid post. (No offense rogueortiguan, you're not stupid, the post may be and LA times certainly is).

What I can't believe is that people would actually respond to a 'chick car' post.
So...what Im stupid for responding to it?? Sure I may have cracked a joke at it, but also gave some real info as to what Women look for in a vehicle. Just so happens the Rogue fits that description nicely. Silly maybe, stupid I would say is a little harsh.

kerrton

Anytime you make generalizations based on gender or race, I would agree that this is stupid. It's definately not worth arguuing about, as this is a fun forum that doesn't aim to tackle any big issues. Even though Phil's Frontier didn't understand my previous post, it illustrates the point that any generalized stereotypes based on gender are worthless in discussing as they just aren't accurate or relevant. Anyway, we're getting off topic I guess....

fleur

on my way out of a parking lot big state cop stopped me to talk "roguetalk"...he is so ready to turn in his truck...loved the look of the rogue. Guy fixing my intercom (ex-navy man from a rough area of Brooklyn), we talked cars, he knew all about the rogue and loved what he heard, going to look at one).

I turned in my huge-o Pathfinder and loved it for its maleness but I'm getting to love the zippy Rogue!

OK OK, I am a female (totally over the demographics probably by a few decades)!

tellurian
Car: Rogue

Phil’sFrontier wrote:So...what Im stupid for responding to it?? Sure I may have cracked a joke at it, but also gave some real info as to what Women look for in a vehicle. Just so happens the Rogue fits that description nicely. Silly maybe, stupid I would say is a little harsh.
Sorry Phil, I didn't mean to offend anyone. I'm not a woman though and it fits my needs nicely too ... I don't think gender has anything to do with it, there is no such thing as a 'chick car'. I am sorry for people that let others form their opinions for them. I say be a man (person really) get what you need an want and let the others deal with their issues if they have any. Lots of women breath air too ... maybe that's a chick thing. So what is next ... "do you think this Rogue makes me look fat?"

I am being facetious in making my point of course and I am not attacking or belittling anyone, just saying ... there is no such thing as a chick car (mind you I probably would not buy a hot pink one )

cordially,

tellurian

EddNog
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

tellurian wrote:
Sorry Phil, I didn't mean to offend anyone. I'm not a woman though and it fits my needs nicely too ... I don't think gender has anything to do with it, there is no such thing as a 'chick car'. I am sorry for people that let others form their opinions for them. I say be a man (person really) get what you need an want and let the others deal with their issues if they have any. Lots of women breath air too ... maybe that's a chick thing. So what is next ... "do you think this Rogue makes me look fat?"

I am being facetious in making my point of course and I am not attacking or belittling anyone, just saying ... there is no such thing as a chick car (mind you I probably would not buy a hot pink one )

cordially,

tellurian
I beg to differ--a hot pink VW convertible is so not a guy's car.

-Ed

philipa_240sx

EddNog wrote:
I beg to differ--a hot pink VW convertible is so not a guy's car.

-Ed
Then again, some guys may consider said VW.

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

Roguemonster wrote:This is all the funnier because just this morning, the CEO of the company I work for stopped me and peppered me with questions about my Rogue.

The reason...His wife saw it in our parking lot and wanted to know more about it.

The woman currently drives the biggest, blackest Escalade you've ever seen.
Time to ask for a rise

Propose a test drive, good timing to talk about your future in this company

jsellberg
Car: '08 rogue iridium graphite sl awd premium

I get tons upon tons of compliments on my car from men all the time. I'd say that the kind of person who buys the rogue is one who's needs it best suits. They don't buy it because they are male or female or black or white or any other race or gender. Most people don't have the time or money to buy cars that they like based soley on their looks (though most of them probably fancy the way their car looks; who would buy a car they thought to be ugly?), they buy cars that suit their needs.

This sounds like an argument a 5th grader would have, "Oh yeah, well your Daddie's car is a wussy car!!"

Can we please just grow up?

Return to “Rogue Forum”