Chicago Auto Pros is awesome

Including IL, IN, KY, TN, MI, and OH
Fezzik
Car: 2010 G37 Vert w/ stage 1 GTM supercharger

Well I went off and got a Tesla P85D the other day. The P85D so far has been an awesome car. One of the fastest I've owned yet. I wanted to give a big shout out to Chicago Auto Pros. On my G37 and Jx35, I had clear bra's put on. The 3M clear bra on my g37 yellowed after a couple of years. This really showed up on a white car. So I got Fields to replace it with xpel. I also had them put the xpel on my jx35 when we go it. These were partial hood coverage. They have saved my car many times over. NOW with the Tesla, I wanted complete protection. I researched which clear bra to put on and again xpel came out on top. So I went off looking for an installer to do a full body install. Now, for guys who know me, I'm a detail freak and wanted it done right (of course who doesn’t.) After a lot of discussion with Jason at Chicago Auto pros, I decided to go with them. Their customer support is far and above a lot of places I’ve seen. They usually have a courtesy car / van for you to take. It was damaged by the previous customer a few days before I was to take my car in. Well, he personally drove me from his business to my home which is about 40 mins away. The shop is really clean and when I arrive they were washing the floors and cleaning up all the tools. Good sign! Well we discussed what I wanted to do and there was no pressure from Jason to do one thing or another. He really wanted what was best for me and my car. He has a spot for placing the xpel clear bra on that is separated from the rest of the shop to help keep dust and contaminants off (One of the reasons I went with them). He even had a whole door panel of xpel replaced because a small speck of dust that was barely visible was in it. When the car is done, Jason goes over it with a fine tooth comb. I even got to see another friends Tesla’s tint getting put on and it looked great to me, but there was a minor imperfection that I could not even see that he said replace it. That shows you he stands behind his work. He was pretty busy but was always accommodating to answering any questions I had throughout the process and tried to give me updates when he could. I’ll be doing a full review of the xpel full body kit and opti coat placement in a couple of weeks as the xpel needs some time to cure. In all for my tesla he did the full body xpel, opticoat pro the body, opti guard the leather and upholstery, opti glass, and optcoated the rims. He also applied Llumar ceramic tint 35% on all the windows except the front. The car was spotless and perfect. His customer service was out of this world. On par of what you would get from Tesla. He had finished one Tesla opticoating and got 4-5 in that weekend as you will see in the pics.

He recommends that you DO NOT get it detailed by Tesla. They put all kinds of swirl marks in the paint getting all the adhesive off. You will see that in the pics below. I had Tesla just water the car down and NO DETAIL. I also suggest you get touch up paint so he can fix any issues before xpel or opticoat goes on.

I picked up the car on Jan 8th and took it to them on Jan 9th. It was hard not having the car a few days after picking it up. Also it was a 4 inch snow storm that day.

First set of pics are of the scuffs and adhesive. There were also 2 chips in the paint on the hood and side view mirror. I did not see these on pick up of the car.

The next set is of them applying it

And the finished product. Xpel does need some time to cure completely.

This last pic shows the Teslas he was working on that week and weekend

Return to “Central Region”