chevdatsun

1965-1971 Datsun 521 forums. All 520 and 521 topics and discussion can be found here.
odpl_Madmax

here is my ride...someone changed the front headlights to the rectangle one's....can't find a front clip in the dc metro area to change it back.....not too many stock parts left but i still represent the datsun and what it can do....

got another 71 thats stock except the crack distributor-timing cover....so can't decide wheather i want to make it an electric stealth ride or i found a grand national motor with turbo relatively cheap.....

love the site and love the pics of everyones rides.....

71-521

Nice! Welcome to the site!

Pac. coast Datsun

[font="georgia"]What an awesome pic! Looks like a wild ride. Welcome to the site. For the original headlights grill & light surrounds check E bay.
[/font]

71-521

was your radiator support modified to mount them up?

I have a complete grill assembly(headlight buckets, grill and trim rings) if you want to trade...

odpl_Madmax

they made a terrible custom rad. support...filled with bondo and anything they could find....i am very interested in making it original(round headlights).....i would be willing to buy what i needed from you....and work out a way to pay you and the shipping costs....

the fenders are modified and front gravel pan all molded together with bondo....thinking front clip would be easier but here in virginia the trucks are hard to come accross...

saskcarguy

What kind of motor and tranny is it? What kind of work is it to put a Chev 305 in a 521?

odpl_Madmax

i have had multiply chevrolet small blocks in the truck....the mounts are a solid aluminum plate accross the front of the block connecting to the frame.....the trans mount is also solid mounts which connect to the frame...

305blocks are extremely low horsepower compared to the 350blocks.....its going to take quite a bit of custom fabrication!!!!

good luck, if i can help in any way dont hesitate to ask!!!!

Return to “Datsun 520 / 521”