Check your floormats

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

As many of your are now aware Toyota and the NTSB are recalling ~3.8 million units for a simple problem that unfortunetly lead to needless deaths in California.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/200..._matsh ... n/...0.DTL

The accident that lead to this was a real shame. I heard this on the evening news last night and was surprised that the owner/driver of this car had his wits about him to call 911 while driving at 120mph saying his accelerator was stuck.

If this were to happen to anyone reading this. Please instead of calling 911, who will not be able to help until its far too late. Hit the shifter and put the car in neutral, from there you can turn it of.

Not a day goes by when I don't see someone with stacked mats. If you or anyone you care about has more than 1 set of floor mats on the drivers side have them pick one and put the other (s) in the trunk.

Over the hears I have seen floor mats cause a myriad of complaints from clutch pedals that will not fully disengage to lack of pwer complaint because the winter and summer mats are interfereing with the travel of the accelerator pedal. The plastic retaining clips are designed to keep 1 mat in place leaving the carpet mat in place and putting the all season winter mat over it without adequetly securing it is asking for trouble.

If you have decided that factory fit mats are not the way to go. I strongly recommend a set like WeatherTech or someone else who makes model specific mats. The generic mats tend to bunch up in certain spots as the interior layout of these cars is not universal.

At no time of the year is this more important to stress to everyone out there than now. When the seasons are changing the majority of us are thinking about all season mats as they do really have a benefit to them in keeping the carpet under them clear and dry.

Thanks for your time

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”