Check this out!

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Q45 representin at NOPI!!

zerothread?id=136358

Chansen
Car: Q45

cool congrats!

kimrober
Car: 1996 Q45t, 2002 Q45

Way to go Wes! Congratulations

Jeff Williams
Car: 1994 Q45t, 2000 I30t, 2004 M45, 71, 72, 73, 82 & 2000 Corvettes

kimrober wrote:Way to go Wes! Congratulations
I need to get in touch with you, so send me an email:

[email protected]

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Congratulations!

As an aside, I was wondering what you thought of the Midori parts on the way there? Any noticeable differences from OEM?

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Jeff, ill send you an email, but better yet just give me a call at 765-621-8336. Ill be up late tonight and im totally free tomorrow!

Brian.... First off, I am very sensitive when it comes to the ride of my car. I think 90% of the ride difference came from my nitto front tires.. They have a very stiff sidewall, they feel really nice but they are a little too harsh and loud for me. Certain variations in pavement and they get really loud... Has nothing to do with the suspension though...

I cant really feel anything different about the control arms, but the tension rods make the car feel a lot tighter. You feel more through the steering wheel, and it does translate a little more bump noise. It doesnt feel any harsher, however you do hear it "thud" a little more... Like I said, MOST this comes from my less than stellar choice in tires (hey they were cheap and had 95 load rating!).... When I had my MSWs with the sumitomos on the car it wasnt this way... the car just felt MUCH tighter...

I was talking to Robert last night (RNQ) and I told him I dont do things to my car that I wouldnt recommend to others.... And that applies here, unless you want your grandpa car ride, this feels perfect IMO. It rides very similar to a BMW if not just a little tighter.... Its very smooth.. i like to describe my suspension as "taught". it doesnt feel really TIGHT like a car with poly bushings and coilovers, but it feels very firm. Its very hard to describe, but the car feels VERY planted... The car feels just as good at 70 as it does at 140+...

The bottom line is, it DOES make the car a little harsher but its hardly worth batting an eye at... We had 4 people in my car down there and it was a very smooth ride...

maxnix
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Thanks for the feedback on your taut suspension.

I notice the NISMO front tension rod bearings introduce an element of harshness on mine without any noticable handling improvement. However, to have adjustable camber and caster might be worth it for my car.

I agree with your analysis of the Nitto tires. It will be interesting to see what happens when you mount a tire commensurate with the rest of the suspension.

I presume the California Custom springs are stiffer, but do you have any specifications? Not bottoming with 4 occupants and luggage is indeed impressive on a lowered car. Right before I replaced the stock black Tokicos in my t, I was real disappointed with the handling with 4 occupants (and no luggage) going over the Cascades, and we were not going quickly as they were the inlaws.

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

I was just thinking about this post on my drive home... I was thinking that if I had a set of the 15s or 16s, maybe even 17s with a 50 series tire, it would be a lot different/better when it comes to harshness... I think im going to eventually put on some 245-45-18s on the front and retain my 265s in the rear..... Dont get me wrong, I really like the nittos, for the money you cannot beat them.. Eventually Ill run RE050s or BFGs all around and see what that does.. IM still toying with the suspension and I cant give a full review until I get an alignment done (which i havent had done since i did all the stuff )

The cal custom springs are a lot more progressive... I dont have any specs (they told me they were never tested?), but from my buttsensor the first little bit of suspension travel seems to be less stiff compared with the eibachs, then once you get into a corner they really tighten up... I love them!

maxnix
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

elwesso wrote:The cal custom springs are a lot more progressive... I dont have any specs (they told me they were never tested?), but from my buttsensor the first little bit of suspension travel seems to be less stiff compared with the eibachs, then once you get into a corner they really tighten up... I love them!
Interesting. If I remember Q45tech's posts correctly, only the rear Eibach are progressively wound. This makes sense since only the rear spring loading will change much as the car is loaded with weight.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”