Check this out! '03 Cobra Service nightmare!!

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
Stoneage_Turbo
Car: just about anything

man , thats why i baby sit my car whwen it has to be serviced , they always asking me if i could just pick it up later ...NOOOOOO.....anyway i wish the boy nothing but the worst luck in finding a new job outside macdonalds ...

Daunttless

I spent like 3 hours reading thru all 30 some pages of those posts. Thats ****ing bull****. I don't go to dealers because I've never owned a new car ( and with my tendency for only liking a very few, select cars I probably will never own one ) so I've never had warranty work done, but they shouldn't be beatin on other peoples property. Thats one thing I hate beyond reason, its not your property, don't screw with it. When you work hard enough to own it, beat the **** out of it for all I care so long as you aren't doing anything that will get anyone else cleansed from the gene pool. I also can't believe the dumbasses who were like, yeah dude, that was awesome. I'm totally dumbfounded as to the responses, I also noticed that no one from NICO represented us, maybe I should head over there and register. : )

Tino
Car: Raising Hell

How stupid and I mean stupid do you have to be to post your joy ride while the customer may potentially be part of the same message forum, i mean come on ahahahahaha what a dumbass.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

True Story - The year was 1990, my parents had a cherry 1986 Caddy Fleetwood they wanted to trade in and "down-size". Against MY advisement, they shopped domestic, and settled on a Olds 98.

Within the first month, it had several problems (toldja so Dad) and they took it to the dealer. It was there for the weekend. On Monday, my Dad and I went to pick it up. Not there. Two hours later, no car. We go to lunch while they sort it out. Four hours later, no car. Manager gets involved. One of the techs had called in sick. They called him, then sent another tech to his house. He's not there.

Long story short, after my Dad goes ballistic in the showroom and starts throwing things and swearing and running potential customers off, the manager brings us into his office. Gives us a loaner for the night. Next day, manager calls. Tech had gone to two AA meetings (a condition of his probation) that weekend, then on Sunday afternoon he went on a 2-day booze and drug bender IN OUR CAR - now he's in jail, car's in impound.

Manager apologizes, blah blah. Dad tells him to kiss his a$$ - he doesn't want the car back, no telling what's been done to it, and threatens to call the PD from the mgr's office to report it stolen.

They can't find a replacement car identical to ours, but offer a different color, different interior, etc. Dad's being a hard-a$$, tells the mgr to F-off. Dad's cool.

Dealership wound up finding a replacement car in Vegas. Sent us up there to retrieve it, gave Dad 100K warranty, 2 nights in Vegas, $500 spending $ and free maintenance for 3 years.

APEXi240
Car: 08 Versa S hatch

Holy S*it, thats just nuts. I'm glad your dad flipped out, and thats phat that they hooked you up like that, but that is just SOOOO screwed up. I hate dealerships, I hate the salesman, I had the car techs, I've had nothing but bad experiences with them, albeit little ones, but that is just outta control. Your dad shoulda sued the car tech guy anyway.

Return to “General Chat”