Check out this 'Ultimate XD40' Competition-Only Springfield

Hiking, fishing, hunting, boating, biking, travel and recreation-related discussion forum
Dano
Car: '05 Nismo Frontier CC / '95 240sx base

This thing is SICK! Tricked out to the hilt!

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/s...78066
xdtalk.com wrote:Well my XD40 is finally at the spot where it is all finished! I posted some pics of it last March, but I have been bumming ever since because I didn't have the magwell on it. I used it all summer in the USPSA Limited 10 Division at my local club, I even took top Lim10 with it! The problem was I knew I could improve on what I had. I was using a CRspeed Glock holster, Safariland belt, and mag pouches. I really didn't like the race holster the gun was just too far out there.

My list of things to complete my Lim10 rig was a CRspeed belt, Speedcomp mag pouches, and a Bladetech DO Holster. Pistol Gear had the magwells a long time ago, but without the Novak basepads there really wasn't any point in buying the magwell other then it looks really cool! I just got the Magwell on Tuesday and was excited all day to get home and put it on my XD. My XD is unfortunately one of the newer models so I had some material to grind down to get the magwell to fit properly. The guide that OS has on the PG website is very good follow it as closely as possible and you will be surprised how easy this is to mount on older guns. Now the people with the newer guns be warned it does take a while to grind down the inside of the grip so the plug will fit properly. Just slow down and take your time you don't want to take too much material out.

I of course took some new pictures because I like to brag a little, and keep a record of what my guns looked like when they were in pristine condition. If you are wondering how much it would cost you to have a similar gun please check the price list I posted below. The parts in blue are the new stuff I just bought. I know what some of you are thinking for that kind of money I could have bought a nice used STI. I know, I keep telling myself that!! I really do like XDs though and I kind of like the fact that you won't find many people with a gun like this at your local club match. The only thing I still need are the two back ordered base pads, and some more cash so I can buy 3 more(34.99 a piece!). On my last PG order I got a few patches from OS I threw them in the pictures so OS could get some extra advertising. I can't say enough good things about Pistol-Gear.com if you need anything XD related check them out.

From old post:

I have posted a few of these pics here in XDtalk, but I figured I owed it to you guys to show the rest of them plus it gives me a chance to brag a bit.

Steyrs were my first love when it comes to pistols. I owned 4 of them before I ever got a XD. Just like I got hooked on shooting my Steyrs I also got hooked on shooting XDs. The XDs I own now are for a very specific purpose, which is competition. I shoot my XDs competitively, and carry my Steyrs for protection. (I am planning to get a XD SC in the near future)

I first tried shooting IPSC at my local club with a Steyr M9. As soon as the timer first went off I was hooked on action pistol shooting! I started looking around for a gun that would be easier to find accesories and mags for then my Steyr. I found a guy in Southern WI that was selling a XD40 for cheap. I bought that and shot the whole summer of 2004 with it.

After that summer I started getting an itch to put together a real dream gun for production. I wanted it to be perfect and knew that Rich over at Canyon Creek would be able to do the job. Exactly a year ago I got my XD9 from Rich. It was like a dream come true, it fit my hand so well I immediatly started shooting better.

This year I wanted a gun to shoot in Limited 10 so I sold my Service .40 and bought a nice XD40 tactical to have Rich work on. I just got it back from Rich about 3 weeks ago and have been wanting to post a few pics, but haven't had time to get some good quality shots. Since I have everything just how I want it I thought it would be a good time to post some pics. Since the tactical XD come with a guide rod I decided to just take the one I have and fill it up with lead for a little extra weight. My buddy that is a gunsmith student also polished the crap out it. The only thing more I plan to add is a Barsto mag well.

Here is what I have done to it so far.CC Trigger Job $135 Slide Lightening $165 Install Dawson FS $20 Tripp hard chrome $130 Skate tape wrap $5 Drill and tap mag release $20 Dawson Front sight $40 (www.pistol-gear.com) Cyclone Mag $23 (www.1911store.com) Lead filled guide rod Free! Novak Stainless Magwell $130 (www.pistol-gear.com) 2 Novak basepads $70 (www.pistol-gear.com)

Total cost so far $986 NEW TOTAL $1186

That thing looks so awesome! I love that big mouth magazine funnel, just looks trick as hell.

-Dan

Repo Man
Car: '15 RAM 1500, 4x4

Nice, but definitely a competition-only piece.

Dano

Yep, that guy has a few of competition-only pieces. Still awesome to look at.

-Dan

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

it's like looking at a fine race car.

with less skateboard tape.

I wanna see his groupings at rapid firing

Repo Man

DanO wrote:Yep, that guy has a few of competition-only pieces. Still awesome to look at.

-Dan
I'd like to shoot it!

Cold_Zero
Car: 2003 (3.5) Altima SE & 2005 Pathfinder

The Skate tape wrap is an interesting concept.

Dano

The skate tape seems to be pretty popular in the XD crowds.

-Dan

ddgsxr504
Car: 1995 Nissan 240SX SE 2007 Infinit M35 Sport 2011 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition

It's so you can dispense a nice curb rash pistol whipping... lol

I actually thought about picking up an XD for some time now. I love my Sig but I'm ready for a new toy.

Repo Man

DanO wrote:The skate tape seems to be pretty popular in the XD crowds.

-Dan
I have tape on my Glocks, but the tape was actually die-cut for the specific pistols. Adds a nice increase in gripability. Is that even a word?

Dano

It is now

-Dan

Mr1der

DanO wrote:The skate tape seems to be pretty popular in the XD crowds.

-Dan
it's a common and cheap fix on a lot of guns that lack good checkering.

it's nice on race pedals that get slick when it's wet too

Dano

yes it is, also good on pedals with no pads, good in a lot of places. I was looking at the diecut grips for the XD too, heh.

-Dan

Mr1der

I'd imagine there's a few smiths that will actually alter the frame on them to provide better checkering now...I've yet to look into it...I know Robar does it to glocks...I have no idea how much it costs though. probably a good bit more than tape.

Return to “The Great Outdoors”