check for fluid leaks

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
michel
Car: 2008 fully loaded EX35 AWD Dark Currant and Stone interior

I had an oil leak problem 2 weeks ago and my Infiniti dealer added 1 quart of power steering fluid and found an air pocket, so it seems. All this was corrected in one day. I got the same problem this week and left my EX this time for 3 days! the real problem was the Rack&Pinion that was at fault. a cracked behond repair.

the problem is that no Rack&Pinion parts are available in North America? My dealer did not want me to wait 2 to 3 months for the part !!!!! and mostly did not want me to keep the GX 37 for that long.

So he took a replacement part from the Showroom Black on Black EX.

I guess you can say it's a USED part as the showroom EX did have 25 miles of usage.

High scores for the dealer !?! not sure. Low scores for Infiniti North America? you bet!

Ciao for now

Dodgeyaussie

michel wrote:I had an oil leak problem 2 weeks ago and my Infiniti dealer added 1 quart of power steering fluid and found an air pocket, so it seems. All this was corrected in one day. I got the same problem this week and left my EX this time for 3 days! the real problem was the Rack&Pinion that was at fault. a cracked behond repair.

the problem is that no Rack&Pinion parts are available in North America? My dealer did not want me to wait 2 to 3 months for the part !!!!! and mostly did not want me to keep the GX 37 for that long.

So he took a replacement part from the Showroom Black on Black EX.

I guess you can say it's a USED part as the showroom EX did have 25 miles of usage.

High scores for the dealer !?! not sure. Low scores for Infiniti North America? you bet!

Ciao for now
Definitely high scores for the dealer...

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”