check engine light

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
fredbird
Car: nissan 2001 quest van

Help please, The check engine light will not go off, jumped wires like the book said to find codes , nothing. Then went to auto zone and advance auto to check codes on obd ll scanner and both would not work, scanner said working for 3 minutes and both said this never happened before. took battery cable off for over 15 min and light still on. also could not rest light by jumping 2 wires per book instructions. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. 2001 nissan quest van 97,00 miles v6 Thanks

Infinitiguy19
Car: 1993 Infiniti Q45 188580 Miles
1994 Infiniti Q45a 240000 Miles

If in the rare case such as your the code scanner can't connect to your car its because somewhere along the wiring there is a problem or the ECU its self is bad, Better off seeing a dealer on this one.

How does the van run?

fredbird

Thanks Paul, The van runs perfect. I wonder if it happened when I jacked the engine by the oil pan itself 1/4 inch to get a socket on the bolt for the a/c belt to loosen pulley to tighten the belt , bought it used and discovered the bolt was damaged by a proir mechanic, the wrench just slipped off and in the end no socket will work and I will take bracket off and r/r bolt. Possible something got pinched but what, any ideas. Thanks

fredbird

For some unknown reason the light went out so Ill keep my fingers crossed

Return to “Quest Forum”