Cheap mods for my 97?

General discussion area for the U13-chassis Altima
TheFunk
Car: 1997 Nissan Altima GXE

Hello everyone, I just recently acquired a very cheap 97 GXE. Ended up being more work than I expected and had to bring it to a shop. Put more money than I had into it, still recovering... but it's running great now.

I'm fairly new to all of this, but catch on fast and the internet + chiltons has been pretty helpful so far. I want to do a lot to this car, but can't afford to do most of the things I originally had in mind and I'm starting to reconsider anything with a high level of difficulty.

So far I have:
• Put a short ram intake in it (a cheap eBay one, went back to OEM while fixing MAF issues)
• New gauge face/glow kit
•Thrush Glasspack muffler (considering new exhaust tips)
•All blue LED interior lighting (havent changed the lights for the climate control yet)
•Tinted the tails (found out the hard way that cheap tint is not weatherproof)
•6000k "HID lookalike" halogens
•LED side markers (need a relay still), LED taillights, blue LED license plate lights (and I still haven't been pulled over for them?)
•Got replacement grille (found out shortly after that the 93-94 style fits, now I regret getting the 97 grille)
•Touch up paint/removed "ALTIMA GXE" lettering, racer's tape
•Ordered, but yet to receive new blue/black seat cover, steering wheel cover, shoulder belt cover, ebrake/shifter cover floor mat set

And now I'm bored again, but also on a budget... don't really want to spend much.
I don't mind getting my hands dirty or taking on a large job, I just have a limited selection of knowledge/money/tools.

What else can I do to this thing without breaking the bank?
Any improvement to appearance, performance, sound, etc.

I do want a sway bar, having trouble finding one IN the state of Alaska.

Here's a few pics so far:
(pre-Glasspack)

Return to “1st Generation Altima Sedan (1993-1997)”