Chasing a clunk and vibration

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
Theswed
Car: 2007 Nissan Murano S AWD

2007 Murano S AWD
I have a clunk on acceleration but not always and I have vibration at high speeds 55+. I have replaced both control arms with ball joints, 4 new tires, balance, alignment, and replaced the front driver side CV axel. I think the vibration maybe from the CV axel not having the dynamic damper on it. I had asked for new CV axel and not a remanufactured one. After looking at the service manual it states there is suppose to be one on there. I don't know for sure if not having the dynamic damper would cause the vibration as they sell a lot of the CV axel without them and you can't buy the damper alone. The clunk has been a lot of theories but no way to pin point exactly if it is a engine mount then which one or do you replace all and hope it fixes it, the rear axel, struts, sticking caliper, u joint, etc. Anybody had this happen before and any ideas.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Mounts and likely one that holds back lower of trans, then go to others. Pass side engine mount can vibrate.

Forget the axle damper, many OEM axles use them then go on to say in the manuals that the axles do NOT balance, they turn too slow at the radius they are made at to need it. I have found that to be 100% true. Any damper there at best removes such a small amount they are commonly dropped when making rebuilts, they in effect do little enough to be nothing. OEMs will use a damper on axle say first year then drop them on later year models in a cost saving effort, seen it more than once.

Malbec 56 Beast
Car: 2013 Infiniti M66xS Totaled 4/11/20
What's next???
2010 Subaru Legacy
1983 Porsche 928 S Euro (Sold) 2/17/20

Engine mounts
Trans mounts
When was the last time you changed the fluids in the drive train, I use Amsoil, no affiliation, I dislike Nissan fluids.

On an Infiniti I purchased with low miles the diff fluid was milky looking should of looked brand new with the miles on the vehicle.
I used Amsoil on all my vehicles and it works very very well.

Thought my maxima had a blown trans and I replaced the fluid, drain and fill, NO FLUSH. Ran Smsmooth as new .

Give those a look

Theswed
Car: 2007 Nissan Murano S AWD

After changing a lot of parts, we found out what it was. The front differential went out. The noise was coming from it failing. So $1400 plus later it is better.

Malbec 56 Beast
Car: 2013 Infiniti M66xS Totaled 4/11/20
What's next???
2010 Subaru Legacy
1983 Porsche 928 S Euro (Sold) 2/17/20

Nothing is cheap to fix on these cars ie Nissan and Infiniti

I am thinking of getting a 17.5 or newer platinum edition
How do you like yours
How long have you owned yours if you don't mind sharing with me

Return to “Murano Forum”