Charcoal cabin filter for my FX35

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
dfx35
Car: FX35

Can some one please tell me where I can buy an activated charcoal cabin filter for my FX35? Anywhere, but execpt at the overly priced dealership!

Thanks

gmgagne
Car: 2005 FX35, 2006 FX45

I use FilterMaster charcoal filters. You can order at http://www.amazon.com/FilterMa...7R8O4

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

The OE filters are not the cheapest thing out there...but they do work better than the replacements. I have seen some of the aftermarket ones get stuck inside the fresh air mode door and cause a god awful noise.

zer...73371You can easily do this yourself.

I recommend getting the Grapeseed Propylene filter that the 2009 FX50s with the advanced AC system uses. This filter is roughly the same price as the carbon and is actually a carbon filter with grapeseed fibers woven into it. Doing this yourself and buying a filter at $30-40 will save you money over the long run.

Filters like this that get replaced once a year are actually not that expensive if you look at the over all cost. You can purchase generic filters but your FX deserves better.

As a side note there are some oil filters out there that do not have the internal vibration dampener that the OE filters offer. This can cause a noise that is extremely annoying and hard to pin point. A little bit of investment pays dividens over the long haul. If you are not planning on keeping your car after the factory warranty expires.

I am not trying to nag and I do not make money off selling OE parts. However I have been with Infiniti for a while and the parts that the car was designed with always work better for long term durability and overall ride quality.

Good Luck

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”