Changing the in-cabin micro-filter on an Infiniti M35 and M45?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Dinkydow
Car: cars

Does anyone know where I can find instructions on changing the cabin filter? In the instruction book it just tells you to go to the dealer to have it changed. Thank You!

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

wayne kos wrote:Does anyone know where I can find instructions on changing the cabin filter? In the instruction book it just tells you to go to the dealer to have it changed. Thank You!
Hi, Wayne.

Which year M do you have? I can look this up in the FSM ...

Z

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Usually involves removing the passenger under dash panel, then the glove compartment. Clips on air box should be obvious after this.

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

I haven't seen a write-up on any M boards yet. I did the filter switch on my FX using a write-up (with pics) from an FX forum. It took a little time but the next time will be quick.

Also, check around on some Nissan/Infiniti parts sites for the filter. I paid $60 at my dealer and then found a post noting a site online that I could have paid $30-35 for it.

szh

Yes, definitely always ask Joe Tesensky (at Everything Infiniti ... see link here at NICO) for good prices on OEM Nissan and Infiniti parts. He gives us good deals and excellent support.

Z

szh

szhosain wrote:Hi, Wayne.

Which year M do you have? I can look this up in the FSM ...

Z
I will go ahead and post up the 2006 M instructions here. Changing the micro-filter is recommended at every 15k miles.

The overall procedure (from the FSM, section ATC-134) is:

1. Remove glove box.2. Remove filter cover, and then remove in-cabin micro-filter.3. Take out in-cabin micro-filter from blower unit.4. Replace with new one and reinstall on blower unit.5. Reinstall glove box.

The glove box is removed as described in the picture I will attach momentarily to this post.

Z

Dinkydow

Thanks for the replies! It is a 06 M35. I did purchase it from Joe. I am not quite sure how to remove the glove box but a picture will really help! Thanks again

szh

wayne kos wrote:Thanks for the replies! It is a 06 M35. I did purchase it from Joe. I am not quite sure how to remove the glove box but a picture will really help! Thanks again
Okay, here are the instructions - from the FSM (section IP-18), starting at the place where it says "Removal and Installation of GLove Box Assembly", of course!

Click the image below for a larger picture.

Dinkydow

I can't thank you enough Szhosain! That is exactly what I needed. Many thanks!!!! Wayne

szh

wayne kos wrote:I can't thank you enough Szhosain! That is exactly what I needed. Many thanks!!!! Wayne
You are very welcome! You might also find these additional pages useful too (click to get larger images):

Z

szh

superjv1080 wrote:I haven't seen a write-up on any M boards yet.
We have it here now! NICO rocks.

Z

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”