Changing Spark Plugs in a 2009 Nissan Rogue

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
banthony
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue

I need repair manual instructions- Step by Step- for changing Spark Plugs in a 2009 Rogue. Any help would be appreciated.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

The complete factory service manual is available through a link on this forum:

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Rogue/

I'm curious, why are you changing your spark plugs already, they come with platinum tipped plugs that should be pretty good quality, or are there gains to be made by upgrading these?

philipa_240sx

The Platinum tipped plugs used on the Rogue are rated for 105,000mi. There is no need to replace them earlier.

The stock plugs are NGK DILKAR6A-11. This is an iridium/platinum tipped plug that is part of the NGK Laser Iridium Series:

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/p...e=nml

I have used NGK plugs extensively and I swear by them. Quite honestly, these plugs are about as good as it gets. I have tried others and trust me there are certain spark plug designs out there that actually hinder performance.

Leo2005

Replacement procedure should be the same way as any other vehicle has. Find 4 wires (since this is 4 cylinder) pull them out and remember or write somewhere where they go(this is important). Unscrew the spark plugs with long wrench. Install the new one and plug the wire. Here's the original spark plugs the Nissan is using in Rogue if anybody interested:08 2008 Nissan Rogue Spark Plug NGK Nissan Spark Plug Fr:08-01-07Part Number: E28852-ND-F1000Notes: OE spark plug = NGK DILKAR6A-11.Product Remark: PLFR5A-11Brand: NGK
Modified by Leo2005 at 4:45 PM 3/11/2009

Leo2005

Hey Phillipa. I should see first that you're online. Heh.

banthony
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue

Thanks for your information and providing me access to the repair manual. I am NOT changing spark plugs yet, I wanted access to the manual and I wanted to see how difficult it would be to change them. It is obviously much more cumbersome to change the plugs in this setup. Thanks for your help.

Superdave54
Car: 2008 Rogue

Saw an article in a Popular Mechanics that trying to get plugs out after 100K miles can present a problem. Threads can seize. I already pulled out the plug connectors and put some high temp silicone grease on the O-Rings so they would come out later.

Now I am thinking about pulling the plugs and putting some copper based anti-seize on so that they will come out.

Thoughts?

philipa_240sx

That may have been true years ago. Galvanic corrosion would occur between the aluminum head and the steel spark plug body. Nowadays, spark plug bodies are plated with metals that do not react with the aluminum so anti-seize compounds are not typically needed.

I would be very careful about using anti-seize BTW. Oxygen sensors and catalysts are very sensitive to foreign substances. I would make sure your anti-seize is O2 sensor safe before using.

Superdave54
Car: 2008 Rogue

Thanks. Good info. I will look into what types of anti-seize are safe for O2 sensors, nickel and platinum based catalytic convertors.

digorf
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I have Nissan Rogue SL 2008 and because it has 114000 miles, I decided to change the spark plugs.
Before buying new spark plugs, I removed the ones in place that is dilkar6a11 but they looked good and the gap is still .44 like in new one. I just scraped some carbon around and put back. In my case,
no need to buy new ones for now. The only difficulty was to find the correct spark plug socket.
Nissan rogue spark plug socket is 14mm 12 points, as in BMW. fit like a glove

Return to “Rogue Forum”