Changing over to Double DIN w/Nav in 2010 Altima

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
RichardinKY
Car: 2010 Nissan Altima S 2.5

My name is Richard Precht, I live in SE Kentucky I am 70 years young. I've been a forum member about 1-1/2 years? I am here to ask if anyone here has done this and also installed a backup camera at the same time!

I love my 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5S (with 100K miles). I have just done a long research on which Double DIN aftermarket Audio Reciever with Navigation I wanted to purchase. I went with the Jensen VX7528 with the iGO primo navigation software and the seller is Crutchfield. The unit will be delivered in a day or two.

I will not be upgrading the speaker system or adding any amps or other 'gizmos'. But I am going to install a rear view backup camera on the trunk lid trim piece. (I found a YouTube video of that install on a similar year Altima - very good video). The backup camera looks to be very similar to the one I am planning on buying (here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DC ... _qh_dp_hza

As for the install of the Jensen Double DIN, I've been able to find some pretty good videos of Double Din installs, and Crutchfield sent me an installation PDF (which is pretty good). The Jensen purchase also included an Aftermarket Instrument Panel Cluster Lid (Cyber Monday free item), a Metra antenna harness, and Metra wiring harness (also free w/unit). I also purchased the Crutchfield's "ReadyHarness Service" (where they make up the harness to the OEM connectors so it is a true Plug and Play).

I may not be happy with the *AfterMarket Cluster Lid, so I found that I can buy a genuine Nissan* cluster cover here: https://www.autopartscheaper.com/produc ... -dash-trim

*(I will probably be getting the OEM lid as the aftermarket is the Scosche NN1642B and not textured?)

OK now for some questions if I may?
1) Which way did you route the wiring for the camera once you got inside the trunk?
2) Did you use the Driver's side, passenger's side, or down the center of the floor to the console?
3) The YT video said that the reverse lamp wire on the driver's side was used and "tapped into" using 3M T-Taps (crimped connects).
4) Which wire color is the reverse wire (the video said "purple?).
5) How difficult was it to get the camera wiring to the rear of the Radio? Which route worked best? Please elaborate on what was the worst part of getting the wiring routed for the camera.

THANKS for now.. I hope someone can share your experience with me. I think your experience will benefit me greatly in getting this project done! With nearly 60 years of doing all types of projects, this one will not be a big challenge - but it never hurts to ask for help from someone who has done it before! :wink

Best regards, Richard

RichardinKY
Car: 2010 Nissan Altima S 2.5

Well yesterday I recieved my Jensen VX7528 6.2" Multimedia Double DIN DVD Navigation Reciever w/built-in Bluetooth, USB Control for iPod, and iPhone, SiriusXM Ready, RDS, and Backup Camera Input. The Nav System is the iGO Primo, with Pandora Map app control, Front and Rear USB ports, Front and Rear Camera inputs, Front 3.5 mm A/V unit input, Rear RCA A/V output, Backup Camera input with audio (RCA connector), Front View Camera input (RCA), RGB custom button illumination, Steering Wheel Control (SWC) input Compatable with PAC/SWC Interfaces), 3 pairs of 6V preamp outputs, 8 Band EQ, Media playback:CD/DVD/USB, File formats: MPEG/MPEG2/XviD/MP3/MP4/WMA/JPEG, AM/FM RDS Tuner with 30 Stations Presets (18FM/12AM), Wireless Remote Control, Push-to-talk voice access via external microphone (Mic included).

OK I was right, the so -called FREE (Cyber Monday) Cluster Lid is the Scosche NN1642B and not textured! :(

However, I was lucky enough to see an OEM Genuine Nissan Cluster Lid (Part number:68260-JA00A) selling on ebay auction by a fellow who bought it new from dealer but never used it. I won the auction and saved about $15.00. The part will be here early next week, and I also have ordered the back-up camera along with some LED bulbs for my reverse light from Amazon and they will be here on Saturday.

So if the weather would just cooperate or I can find a warm garage and a willing helper, I may be able to get started on this project, If not... Well I learned one thing in 70 years not only has my belly grown, BUT ... So has my patience! :chuckle:

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”