Changer noise elemination?

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
astron

I picked up a used jensen 6 disk changer today (Not the best brand, but hey) anyway, i've got pretty irritating noise through my 6.5's when the changer's playing, is there anything i can use to eliminate it? the noise isnt variable based on engine speed or anything, but is hard to hear with the speakers turned down. Fyi, aiwa mp3 player, sony amp, 2 jl audio 10's, 4 memphis 6.5's, and now the jensen changer. (pieced stuff together used, other than the mp3 player and the 6.5's....even got given the 10's) oh yeah, one other thing, is there anyway to get an amp fixed inexpensively, i've got an alpine v12 amp (for free, with the 10's) but it doesnt work...only puts out sorta cruddy sygnals, not music at allthanksast

Nebraska240sx

make sure it is not crossing any wires with the wiring going to the deck

Nebraska240sx

just get a new amp or see if it is under warranty cuz there is no cheap way to fix an amp

astron

unfortunately the wiring behind the head unit's so cramped that it's practically impossible to keep the wires far apart. People have suggested that i get a different ground for the fm modulator..what's a good place to ground it to? (i originally had it spliced into the same ground as the head unit, but that was giving me troubles....i think) Right now the fm mod is grounded out to the metal surround of the shifter...96 240 fyi

Simmsled
Car: TSI GTI - E46 325i

If that changer's RF modulator has a frequency selector, try a different frequency.

Mark P.

sounds like you have a ground loop. the easy way to fix it is with a dmm (digital multi meter) but if you don't know how to use one then try touching the ground in diffrent spots until it is noise free. you also might just have a bad changer.

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”