changed my clutch and flywheel and now haveing problems... help!!!

For discussion of front-drive SR20DE, SR20VE and SR20DET engines!
juancgrau
Car: infiniti g20t

i changed my flywheel to an aluminum fidanza piece and bolted up an xtd stage 2 clutch. alighned it up changed the bearing to the new one. it had these retainers on it that one was missing so i put the same one it had back on. closed it up and when i filled the tranny up and finished everything, my clutch pedal was on the floor. i dont understand the system wasnt opened for air to get in. the resivior was empty as well. so when i looked i noticed the slave cylinder blew open. great! so i went and bought one at advanced. same part that was allready in there. so i put it on and filled up the resivior and again on the floor. so i did what i thought was it needed to be bleed. and when i was checking the cylinder i noticed the fork is a little loose. it has no pressure against it and when the cylinder opens up all the way theres nothing to push the pin back in and i have to do it manually. eventually after doing this several times i gave up. so the retainers? could that be the issue? or is there something with the cylinder im not doing right. i need advice. and quick. i allready missed work today. and i only have one car.

Coolwhip
Vendor
Car: RB26 Raw Brokerage War Machine

Fork must of came off the pivot ball while you were doing the clutch job.

juancgrau
Car: infiniti g20t

yeah i got it all taken apart. what i needed was the retainers that hold the bearing to the fork. no biggie only cost 12.00.... but i got it all taken care of... just had to do all that work again.runs hard....

OM3GA
Car: A Sexy Mobile, 1993 Nissan 240sx 180sx Hatcher

cool

Return to “SR20DE / SR20VE / SR20DET Forum (front drive)”