Change cabin filter without removing glove box?

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
kruuth

Is it possible to change the cabin filter without removing the glove box?

el_blacky06
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5s 6MT

From my understanding you don't have to remove the glove box.
The cabin filter should be reachable

Hussain
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 3.5se CVT

I remember replacing mine. it was a PIA. but I don't think I had to remove the glove box. but it's been a while

BTUT5
Car: 2010 Metallic Slate Altima Coupe 2.5 6MT

Just changed my cabin air filter and did remove the glove box. I really didn't think it was that difficult to do, it was cramped and difficult to get to even with the glove box removed. If you didn't remove it getting to the filter would be all by feel for the most part. I would just remove the glove box its only six screws and a piece of molding and it pops right off. I also believe there is a video on youtube of taking it off. Good luck.

kruuth

I just took the box out. Not a big deal just wondering if it was possible. It's not a big deal.

ExParte

I concur with comments above. Today, I changed the cabin air filter [which I bought on ebay for $11.00], the Nissan is a QX60 2017. I found this video from youtube: encouraging :yesnod . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAFBtUk6faA Yes, I found comments that said I could done without taking out the glove box, but (like said above) it would have been "playing by ear", very uncomfortable and would have had to deform the filter to get it in. Once you feel comfortable with removing the glove box, is not a big deal. AND after saving $100 labor it feels FUN!!!! :naughty:

Return to “Altima General Discussions”