Center gauge pod??

NICO's official source for Nissan upholstery, carpet, headliners, and trim information!
kouki-gymkhana
Car: 1993 240sx (only 90,000 mi!)

Well I finally bit the bullet and picked up some Defi BF gauges for the 240sx. Now I have to figure out where the heck to mount them! I know some folks like to remove the center dash vents and stick them in there but I need good HVAC function a little too much to do that. I also considered mounting them in one of those cheapy A-pillar pods but the ones I've seen all look like crap. Then I had an idea and I was wondering if anyone has ever attempted this...I'm thinking about making a center dash triple gauge pod that would be affixed on the dash above the center vents just like the Defi Triple Meter Hood for the WRX. I really like that pod but it's going to require some serious modifications to make it look half way decent. Has anyone ever done anything like this before? Any words of wisdom??

This is what I'm talking about:

1991S13
Car: '91 240sx Coupe, '00 QX4 4x4, '02 Sentra Spec V

That would look nice, but have you ever thought about putting them in the pocket under the radio? Don't know if they will fit, but that might look good too.

ePod makes those steering column mount gauge pods. I think you can only fit 2 in them though...

splintercell
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx HB
1991 Nissan Silvia

i bought a billet aluminum piece off ebay.it holds 2 gauges and has a vent in the middle to allow air to come out.it was like 14.00.just take out your two vents and you have to silicone it in too stay.

bentsprocket

1991S13 wrote:That would look nice, but have you ever thought about putting them in the pocket under the radio? Don't know if they will fit, but that might look good too.
This is where mine are and it's headache central. Not to install but they just are really useless there. That's why I put my boost gauge on the pillar. I do want them setting just above the A/C vent. I also like this look. To get his gauges to fit, only two would work best. I have a set my brother bought me that are 2" and they fit great. I used MDF to fill the entire hole then drew out the area of spacing side to side and top to bottom. Then cut out holes and the rest is self explainitory Not really that bad if you really need them. You can see them by linking the sig

Return to “Interiors”