Center console speaker in Bose SL audio package

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
AndyP
Car: '08 Rogue SL AWD - Gotham Gray, R/B

Hey guys. Has anybody else felt like that speaker right above the head unit and sitting on the dash is a bit under powered? I have this feeling like I should cut the plastic away from it so it can breathe a bit better or something. When I turn the stereo up relatively loud it sounds like the highs and the voices on my CD's are getting muffled coming out of that speaker. It just messes with the overall sound quality. Is there a way to turn that one off and only that one? I would like to mute it during music play back but leave it on for, say, a bluetooth call. Or maybe I can replace it with a better speaker or rip out the plastic there and put a better grill/cover on it. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Leo2005

I don't have that issue caz i don't have that speaker and you can do the same......just disconnect it or upgrade it. It's funny to hear it caz I was just thinking to install one over there because on rogue without premium theres a space under the dash with holes for 4 screws but theres no holes so you can hear the speaker.

AndyP
Car: '08 Rogue SL AWD - Gotham Gray, R/B

ah, so the non-premium has mounts but no screen there. Let me know if you decide to put something there and what you end up with. I actually don't mind that location since it is facing me where the upper two are facing the windshield instead and the sound from those two doesn't reverberate very well.

Return to “Rogue Forum”