CEL: P0115 (ect sensor), P0125 (ect sensor), P0325 (Knock sensor bank 1)?

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
jedi_sol
Car: 1996 Infiniti Q45

Hello everybody,

I just recently bought my mom a 1996 q45 and just a few weeks ago, her Check Engine Light came on. So i went to Autozone to have them pull the codes and he gave me:

P0115 ect sensorP0125 ect sensorP0325 Knock sensor bank 1.

I dont have a q45 service manual yet (still looking around on ebay). I was wondering if you guys could help in trying to fix these codes?

Thanx so much,James

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

basically the 2 codes you listed are for the same sensor... my guess, is that the knock sensor harness is bad since it lists both KS, and the engine coolant temp sensor as bad....... Possibly it came unplugged? Either way, you need to replace the KS and harness and the coolant temp harness is hooked on with that...

3Q Jay
Car: 94 Q45a
95 Q45a (sold)
97 Q45t (sold)
01 B15 Sentra (Daughter's)
Also Mine...
2010 A6 Avant
1977 F-150 (460!)

James, welcome to NICO. you can download a factory service manual for $20.http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/infiniti/

give us some more details: miles, service history... you can go to tustin infiniti with your registration card and get the cars complete deler service records [even if it was serviced at costa mesa inf , or mission viejo inf, or wherever].

jedi_sol

elwesso wrote:basically the 2 codes you listed are for the same sensor... my guess, is that the knock sensor harness is bad since it lists both KS, and the engine coolant temp sensor as bad....... Possibly it came unplugged? Either way, you need to replace the KS and harness and the coolant temp harness is hooked on with that...
Thats something im planning on tackling in the near future. I have more confidence now with your "Plenum removal" write-up. Just gathering all the tools and parts now.
GQ Jay wrote:James, welcome to NICO. you can download a factory service manual for $20.http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/infiniti/
Youre a life saver.
GQ Jay wrote:give us some more details: miles, service history...
Its got 132K miles. Service history... i have now clue, it was bought at an auction, but ill do what you said and stop by Tustin infiniti one of these days.

wow, you guys are MUCH more helpful than another online forum i visit frequently!

James

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

GQ Jay wrote:James, welcome to NICO. you can download a factory service manual for $20.http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/infiniti/
And get the TSB also. The owner's manual is free to download.

3Q Jay
Car: 94 Q45a
95 Q45a (sold)
97 Q45t (sold)
01 B15 Sentra (Daughter's)
Also Mine...
2010 A6 Avant
1977 F-150 (460!)

jedi_sol wrote:
Thats something im planning on tackling in the near future. I have more confidence now with your "Plenum removal" write-up. Just gathering all the tools and parts now.

Youre a life saver.

Its got 132K miles. Service history... i have now clue, it was bought at an auction, but ill do what you said and stop by Tustin infiniti one of these days.

wow, you guys are MUCH more helpful than another online forum i visit frequently!

James
you're welcome; but it all comes around....Brian [maxnix] turned me on to the fsm site when i was new here, and it was indeed the best $20 i ever spent. while you are there, may i suggest getting the engine control [EF&EC] section for a 94 or 95 in addition to the '96 OBDII which you undoubtably will do. the OBD I [pre '96] is often good for comparison.

i see you are pretty close- i'd be happy to offer you an unbiased opinion on your car and what i t might need in the near term if you wanna come up this way.

jedi_sol

GQ Jay wrote:you're welcome; but it all comes around....Brian [maxnix] turned me on to the fsm site when i was new here, and it was indeed the best $20 i ever spent. while you are there, may i suggest getting the engine control [EF&EC] section for a 94 or 95 in addition to the '96 OBDII which you undoubtably will do. the OBD I [pre '96] is often good for comparison.
a few quick question... are these files like a "one time" download that i will be able to keep on my harddrive? is the 1996 service manual a VERY LARGE download? i ask because i still have dialup and i am afraid i will not be able to download all of the files in one day. I might have to borrow a friend's dsl before i sign up for that site.
GQ Jay wrote:i see you are pretty close- i'd be happy to offer you an unbiased opinion on your car and what i t might need in the near term if you wanna come up this way.
That would be AWESOME, im usually available on Friday's or Saturday afternoons. I know definately that the fuel pump is bad so that and a new fuel filter is in the mail. I noticed a loud hum the first day i picked up the car. I know definately the rear shocks are blown, i know definately the front rotors need to be resurfaced. The AC is kinda iffy. As far as driveability and performance, i wouldnt know what to look for because ive never driven another q45 for comparison.

James

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

jedi_sol wrote:a few quick question... are these files like a "one time" download that i will be able to keep on my harddrive? is the 1996 service manual a VERY LARGE download? i ask because i still have dialup and i am afraid i will not be able to download all of the files in one day. I might have to borrow a friend's dsl before i sign up for that site.

That would be AWESOME, im usually available on Friday's or Saturday afternoons. I know definately that the fuel pump is bad so that and a new fuel filter is in the mail. I noticed a loud hum the first day i picked up the car. I know definately the rear shocks are blown, i know definately the front rotors need to be resurfaced. The AC is kinda iffy. As far as driveability and performance, i wouldnt know what to look for because ive never driven another q45 for comparison.

James
Email me, ill send it to you free...

jedi_sol

[email protected]

I emailed you earlier today, but no reply...it might be in your junkmail.

Oh, and did i ever tell you guys how much i appreciate your help?

Thanx so much,James

elwesso
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Yeah I got your email and I have to upload the 96 Q to my website.. If I dont have it done by monday, email me again..

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”