cel code 0608- misfiring on # 1 Cylinder

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
allennei

I have a 99 max se.....This is my first problem with the car!...I am a bit bummed out by it!!. It seems to be idling erraticly ..espically when the car is in drive idling at a full stop. It also is happens when it is being driven under 40 mph although not constantly. After diagonsing the cel code 0608 mis firing on the #1 cyl (thks to the Nico Forum). In the interm I've changed the Plugs , gas filter , PVC valve and this weekend the Ignition coil for the number #1 cylinder....All of which added up to nothing b/c the car is still runnning the same way..Please help........Any suggestions ?

Fezzik
Car: 2010 G37 Vert w/ stage 1 GTM supercharger

Wow I would have said the ignition coil. Common problem. You may try to see if the other coils are not working. Just making sure you know that the front left to right is cylinder 1,3,5, and the back is from left to right 2,4,6. How did the plug look when you pulled it?

allennei

When i pulled the plugs.........they did not display anything out of the ordinary. Nothing unusual for plugs with usage of 60k. I'll try your suggestion...and check the rest of them. Another question if the other ignition coils are faulty , How come they don't register as a malfunction on the cel code ?. why only the # 1 cylnder and not the rest

Fezzik

A lot of people on the org asked the same questions... and never were answered. For some reason when one coil is going the other are not too far behind. THis has been synonmous with a lot of 5th gen owners

allennei

mmhhhhhhhh.....I was afarid of that at 70 bucks a pop

Fezzik

If you look on the org there is a sorta group deal on the coils. 240 dollars for the whole set. May try to take a look at that.

cullenj76
Car: 99 Q45t 04 SRT-4

allennei wrote:mmhhhhhhhh.....I was afarid of that at 70 bucks a pop
test the #1 injector with a multimeter. Easy test, but not always accurate, is to listen to each injector individually with either a mechanics stethescope or a screwdriver(ear to handle, tip to injector). Listen to see if the #1 fuel injector sounds different than the others. I believe the write-up on testing fuel injectors is in our how-to thread in the technical forum.

allennei

will give it a try

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”