Cefiro A31 swap to RB25 need help please ,,,

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
aoooz
Car: Cefiro A31
6cyl
2.4s

Hello Everyone
firstly I would like to say it's my honor to be a member in this wonderful forums and I'm glad to be with folks :)
my name is Hani I am fro UAE >Abu Dhabi city and my car is 93 Cefiro A31
the car running rb24s 2.4L carburetor the engine get old and it become very sick :frown:
so I decide to change it
and I thought about RB 25 or 20 DE or DET
So I got some BIg questions (sorry my bad I am noope ) to see If this swap will be good or ,,, i don't know ,,,

the engine cost are very close the rb20det /is $1100 and the rb25de non turbo / is $1100 the rb25DET /$1300

the swap will be for Daily driver
:- (90% Normal drive ) (no drift or race all the time) just A few race ;) ( use Air Condition in the summer )
my work is 7 mile away from home (Everyday) and every month go to Dubai which is about 100 mile away
and the average speed on Highway is 85/mph (some times will be 90/mph ) Cefiro factory radiator

-(no additional mode in the motor )
everything stoooock (no turbo boost ) stock rev limiter
and I only need 200~250hp

Q1- is the RB 25 or 20 (DE or DET) can be daily driver ??how the durability of the Engines (especially the RB25DET) ??
and can turbo engine as daily driver + highway or better to go with non turbo ??

and you know our weather hot in summer it's become about 115F 1:00PM !!!so just in case I have to mention this info

about RB25 I read in many forums about the RB25 is :
"engine had a crank collar issue where the snout was made to short and oil pump failures happened at high hp and high rpm " is this issue only on RB25 ? is it the 25DET & DE or only 25DET ?? about RB20DE & DET
I didn't find an issue as on 25 thst I read in many forums ,,,,

what your thought about this issue ??
I really like the RB25det output but I am worry about this issue ,,,and worry about what I mention above
("turbo engine as daily driver + highway )??

Q2- dose the engine maintenance easy or difficult ? I mean If I need to change sparks plug -fuel filter - engine belts - etc .....) If I take the car to workshop the Mechanic dose he can fix & repair ?? my brother drive 98 lexus GS300
2j motor and the Mechanic he deal easy with it !
how is the rb compared to that ?? dose it easy to deal with it ?? I mean it's a normal like others motors ??

nissan Skyline R33&R32 dosen't exist on UAE market in 90s so for the part I know that share some parts like :-
the spark plug I can fit the 300zx and fuel filter can fit the cefiro A31
but the Oil filter ?? don't know

So the Q - Do the RB parts interchange with any other Nissan cars ??

Finally (sorry for the big topic :blush: ) but I really want your advice
dose the RB25DET is reliable and durable for daily normal driver ??? or you advice me to another opinion
like RB25DE (non turbo) or RB20DET) ??

waiting for your help & advice

And big sorry again for the long topic
and very big thanks in advance for help ......

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”