CD player question

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
aleg1975
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa

hi guys

I got my new 2008 versa SL yesterday (yay!) I'm trying to figure out how to skip track on random play on the cd player.

we have the 6 disc changer. I selected random disc, and if I let the song play it does skip to a random song next, but If I try to skip it doesn't select a random song, it just skips to the next song.

I tried to figure it out from the manual, but no luck.Anyone know what I'm talking about?

KimberKenobi
Car: the Camel

when I first tried it in the first Camel, I'm pretty certain that it worked when I held the sheering wheel button till it beeped... but it didn't work the last time I tried it. I guess they figure that if you're skipping, you're searching for a song so they make it easier by letting it progress 1 forward. Sorry.

aleg1975

KimberKenobi wrote:when I first tried it in the first Camel, I'm pretty certain that it worked when I held the sheering wheel button till it beeped... but it didn't work the last time I tried it. I guess they figure that if you're skipping, you're searching for a song so they make it easier by letting it progress 1 forward. Sorry.
kinda silly eh? I don't have steering wheel controls (I don't think, have to look at that later LOL)

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

I could not find a way to skip in random mode on this car. My previous Pathfinder with the Bose 6 disc worked fine, but the Versa apparently is not set to do that, just goes to the next song on whatever disc it is on.

aleg1975

So I think my husband found the way (kinda) It only works on an mp3 disc...if you set the display to song title it goes to the next some alphabetically, therefore not necessarily being from the same artist.

if the display is on artist, it skips to the next track by that artist. doesn't work on regular cd's though

this is a cool forum glad I found it

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”