CD player problems, 2003 Nissa Altima. How do I remove factory CD player?

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
johngot
Car: 2003 Altima

My CD Player in the 2003 altima quit playing CDs recently. Now when I stick a disk in, it sounds like a needle on a record bumping the cd, the first track flashes, and then it shuts off the CD player. has anyone had a similar problem or have any suggestions? Is there a reset? How do I take my CD player out of the dash if I choose to install something new?

John

2k3altima
Car: 03 Altima

johngot wrote:My CD Player in the 2003 altima quit playing CDs recently. Now when I stick a disk in, it sounds like a needle on a record bumping the cd, the first track flashes, and then it shuts off the CD player. has anyone had a similar problem or have any suggestions? Is there a reset? How do I take my CD player out of the dash if I choose to install something new?

John
Dude, I had that same exact problem and it was driving me nuts. I tried taking out the radio and re-installing and still had that problem. Crazy as it sounds, I put a cd in and hit the previous track button a couple of times and it actually stopped the problem. Its been over a month since i tried the previous track button thing and no problems yet.

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”