CD Player doesn't work

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
miikee
Car: 2005 G35 Coupe

Hey guys. I recently bought a 2005 G35 coupe. Few weeks later I got tired of hearing the radio, so I decided to insert a CD. Well when I put in the disc it says "READING DISC" then says "CHECK DISC". I've used albums, Mp3 discs, and regular burnt discs. Nothing works. :confused: Then I bought a Disc CD Cleaner thinking it would help, but still didn't work. Was wondering if someone had the same issue and could help me out PLEASE??

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Welcome to NICO!

I think I'm going to be the bearer of bad news. Your vehicle was manufactured over 11 years ago, so I'd say your CD unit has died (it's not designed to last forever). You could check eBay for a used one, or get and aftermarket unit.

miikee
Car: 2005 G35 Coupe

Yeah I kinda figured that was my solution. Well thanks man. I appreciate it!

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

I did a quick search and found this:

Details about 05 06 07 Infiniti G35 Coupe CD 6 Disc Bose Radio OEM
Item condition: Used
Price: US $174.55
Seller Notes: “This used item comes with a 90 Day Warranty (Parts ONLY - NO Labor). Warranty applies to parts that arrive defective/damaged/incorrect or become defective within the warranty period. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer replacements at this time. Refunds are capped at the original ebay item & shipping price and do not include any labor, diagnostics, towing, or any other expense related to an item being defective/damaged/incorrect. Expect normal wear appropriate with the donor vehicle's age. You will only receive what is pictured unless otherwise stated in the description (such as the use of stock photos). Please do not assume anything else will be included if it is not pictured.”

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”