CAS wiring on microtech conversion

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
stanti4
Car: s13 silvia ca18de
2002 cv6 Monaro

hi I am fresh to the forum so let me know if I am doing things wrong.
I am just abut complete my microtech conversion on my s13 the one sensor I am having issues with is the CAS I've got a few wiring diagrams which were good help along with the microtech booklet, however I cannot seem to find the polarity of the CAS.

there are four pins, one is power, one is ground, and the other two are signal these are green/yellow and green/black.
the microtech loom has the power and ground clearly marked, but the two signal wires (white and green) are not.
I understand that getting the polarity wrong here will still let the car run, but cause big damage as you raise rpm.

any help will be appreciated as it is the last step in a list of many mods to get the car going.

cheers Sam

Buddyworm

http://www.s-chassis.com/resources/wiki ... A18DET.jpg

Green/Yellow is your Sync (or Home) Signal. This tells the ECU which compression stroke it's on.
Green/Black is your Trigger (1Deg) Signal. This allows the ECU to calculate RPM and angle of rotation.

Polarity doesn't matter because you're dealing with a Hall Effect sensor, but running each wire to the appropriate pin is certainly relevant! Make sure to carefully go over your trigger settings in the Microtech while hooking this up to make sure they're appropriate.

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

Buddy is right. It's not a polarity issue.

stanti4
2002 cv6 Monaro

thanks guys
so I can connect the signals either way and change their function in the software?

Buddyworm

Maybe, maybe not stanti. In most cases I would say no, there will be a specific pin for each input. You should have a pinout diagram with your microtech that will tell you which angle sensor input they are.

Post up the pinout diagram if you need a hand deciphering it!

stanti4
2002 cv6 Monaro

so this is the wiring diagram I have been using to help me pin out the rest of the sensors

http://www.impactblue.org/content/displ ... ng_diagram

and this is the booklet given to me with the computer and loom

http://microtechefi.com/download/LT10_% ... 20CYLw.pdf

thanks for taking the time buddy, ive been through it a few times and cant pick any clues,

Buddyworm

Is that seriously all the documentation microtech provides? I can see where your confusion stems from.

I crossreferenced the SR20 CAS to the Microtech Diagram to figure out the pins as that's what it looks like the diagram was actually created for:

It looks like the green wire on the microtech harness is your 1Deg signal, and the white is your home/sync.

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”