CAS markings missing?

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
ORICLE
Car: 1992 Nissan 300ZX, 1989 Nissan 240sx (sr20det), 1990 Nissan 240sx (future home of the other SR20det)

I replaced the headgasket on my redtop and I'm ready to put the CAS back in and I read about ligning everything up. So I've looked at different posts.Example being: http://www.frsport.com/How-To-....html

I looked at the photos of the CAS and mine doesnt have the markings. So my friends and I thought maybe it was a rebuild or something because there is a warranty sticker on it. I dunno what the hell is going on. Open for ideas or suggestions. One more dumb question. Do you need to take the valve cover off to place the CAS to verify the markings or just set the crank pulley to TDC and set the CAS.Thanks.

bruinbear714

ORICLE wrote:I replaced the headgasket on my redtop and I'm ready to put the CAS back in and I read about ligning everything up. So I've looked at different posts.Example being: http://www.frsport.com/How-To-....html

I looked at the photos of the CAS and mine doesnt have the markings. So my friends and I thought maybe it was a rebuild or something because there is a warranty sticker on it. I dunno what the hell is going on. Open for ideas or suggestions. One more dumb question. Do you need to take the valve cover off to place the CAS to verify the markings or just set the crank pulley to TDC and set the CAS.Thanks.
It's IMPOSSIBLE to have the markings missing from the CAS. The paint might be worn off, but the indentions will still be there. There's no way to align the CAS properly without the markings.

ORICLE
Car: 1992 Nissan 300ZX, 1989 Nissan 240sx (sr20det), 1990 Nissan 240sx (future home of the other SR20det)

Ok so I finally have the day off to work on the SR. Here is what I have. I tunred the crank until the blued links matched:

Then I placed the crank at 2nd mark from left:

So my CAS looks like a remanufactured piece it looks different from all the images I've seen describing this.

I just wanted to get everyones opinion to see if this looks correct before I go any further. Thanks.

If I rotate the cas the other side of the end just has a single hole by itself no shield? So i thought this side was the one that needed to line up. Any help would be great thanks.

Sileighty_85
Car: 1991 180SX

Everything thing but the CAS is Correct you need to rotate the CAS Counter Clockwise to look like this

When you slide it in you want it to line up on the LEFT DOT

So to do that pull it out line it up on the RIGHT Dot and side it in the it should rotate to the LEFT Dot

And once done properly ajust it so that the right side adj bolt sits around in this area it will put you pretty close to 15* if not on it.
Modified by Sileighty_85 at 12:05 PM 1/30/2009

ORICLE

Haha I would love to do that. The best I could do was this since my CAS has no marks at all.

There is no mark whatsoever on my CAS. So I had to try and get it as close to the photo as I saw I'll test it tomorrow hopefully.

Sileighty_85
Car: 1991 180SX

Wow that it crazy I've never seen that before!From the looks of it i think you got it right now

kingtal0n
Car: 240sx

Did it work?

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”