CAS anyone gotta a pic of where this is located?

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
kbflip02
Car: 1994 Infiniti J30 and 2006 Infiniti G35x

im throwing code 11...car stalls at random...thought it was the fuel pump or fuel filter but before i did anything i decided to check the codes....then i locked my keys in the car...2 hours later i finally pulled code 11 out of the ecm...anyone with any experience on this please let me know

alex61089
Car: 1993 Infiniti J30t(crashed) 2006 Altima SL Special Edition 31K.

Well it makes sense why your car would stall with that sensor being bad. The Crank angle sensor works in conjunction with the camshaft sensor to monitor the relationship between the valves and the pistons in the engine. If the sensor is bad or not working properly the relationship cannot be monitored thus the engine stalling out, I'm going to take a picture of where im pretty sure it is at but for the time being until i upload it. Underneath the hood on the drivers side, right below the coolant hoses you will see a round circle that is metal looking and theres a plug coming out of this. I'll double check to be sure

yodawill2000
Car: 94 Infiniti J30

My be worth re seating the connector as well.

GerryO
Car: 1993 J30t
Pearl White
Black Interior

yodawill2000 wrote:My be worth re seating the connector as well.
Maybe after cleaning the contacts and applying some dielectric grease?

Not too much going on inside the CAS; simply an optical sensor, a VERY thin metal laser cut wheel that's connected and spins with the camshaft, plus two sealed bearings on the shaft that can go dry, but shouldn't affect performance. Very tough to pull apart (not recommended) without bending the wheel that sits in the middle the sensor opening.

Over $300 new and electrical connectors to the J30 and 300ZX CASs are different/NOT interchangeable, even though the basic part is the same.

kbflip02
Car: 1994 Infiniti J30 and 2006 Infiniti G35x

GerryO wrote:
Maybe after cleaning the contacts and applying some dielectric grease?

Not too much going on inside the CAS; simply an optical sensor, a VERY thin metal laser cut wheel that's connected and spins with the camshaft, plus two sealed bearings on the shaft that can go dry, but shouldn't affect performance. Very tough to pull apart (not recommended) without bending the wheel that sits in the middle the sensor opening.

Over $300 new and electrical connectors to the J30 and 300ZX CASs are different/NOT interchangeable, even though the basic part is the same.
so i went to the salvage yard...pulled one off a 95(for 60 bux) and it runs again...only catch is that im still showing code 11 even after i reset the computer....but im not stalling anymore which is weird....any ideas?

GerryO
Car: 1993 J30t
Pearl White
Black Interior

Hopefully it's simply a matter of an unerased stored code, and not an issue with the wiring between the CAS and the ECM. Try erasing again?

If there are some instructions and specs in the FSM, test the old CAS? Maybe it isn't bad.

grchar27
Car: M30 Infiniti

Temp sensor plug

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”