Carseat advice for 1st time parent

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
cmd37215
Car: '10 FX35

Greetings folks! I'm looking for any and all input regarding carseats that fit (or, don't fit) into my 2010 FX35. I've seen the Infiniti SnugKids spreadsheet, and while I appreciate their efforts to test so many carseats, I'm sure there are many more (and perhaps newer ones) out there that "veteran" parents can recommend buying or avoiding (or, even details about the ones reviewed by the program, if anyone has purchased these).

Ideally, I'd like one that works with the LATCH system and a stationary base while still allowing comfortable use of the front seats. (I hope this is feasible.) I like the idea of the convertible carseats that can be used from infant through toddler in the 50-lb (or more) range; are there any FX-compatible carseats that work especially well? Or is it a compromise of performance to try to get one carseat to do it all instead of buying separate infant and toddler seats?

Thank you for your time.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”