carpet, mass backing???

NICO's official source for Nissan upholstery, carpet, headliners, and trim information!
ashibah83
Car: 93 SUPA BLACK COUPE

Ok so i own a 93 240sx coupe, the car came with no carpet and i need to get some, but i am wondering, on stockinteriors.com, they offer a mass backing option, has anyone ordered the carpet with mass backing, from any vendor. Is it worth the $100 more, what are the benefits of it and is it really needed, i know thay say its more like stock but im on a budget and i need carpet, thanks. Oh it gonna be black btw.

gumby74

Wow. I spoke with these guys earlier today.Its basically what it sounds like; a rubberized lining that insulates and dampens noise even more. However for the cost, I am probably going to order my carpeting from Custom Fit Auto, as it is several dollars cheaper. I will be going with a dark graphite color as the black tends to be shiny.I would think spraying some bed liner, or Rhino lining through out the floor pan would be as effective as the mass back option. Just something to consider.

Shaefer Thomas
Car: 1992 240sx

hey broif you plan on doing this job yourself, I would suggest against the mass backing. I dont think any of these interior places take the time to mold your carpet perfectly. When I got mine, it was a huge mess. I think they jammed it in the box before it even cooled. Its a very rough fit, and takes alot of trimming to make it fit right. The mass backing just bunches up on the sides and makes it very hard to cut. Just my 2 cents tho. I would just buy a roll of insulation, and get the normal carpet without the backing, and just use the insulation and cut it to fit. Hope your install goes well man, my was a pain.

Encryptshun
Car: 2005 Xterra

I concur regarding the PITA nature of installing carpet. I have a 93 hatch, got the carpet from Stock Interiors, and it was (and still is) a HUGE chore to install. The padding they glue to the carpet is nearly impossible to cut through, even with shears, and they seem to only put in in areas where you're going to need to cut.

That said, it's going to look better than the crap that was in there before, but jeez, it is a b*tch.

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

The mass backing is a waste of 60 dollars. Of course using Stockinteriors.com is a waste of money as well.

Their mold was way off, and the mass backing only made things worse.here you can see where the carpet refused to lay in the corners of my rear floor pan.

Also, their measurements are very off.measurement of floor pan height.measurement of the height of their carpet.

and here you can see where i can easily fit more than an inch of difference between the two carpets.

As with all custom carpet shops, once you buy a product from them, that is it. They will accept it back ONLY if it is uncut, but you get caught in a Catch 22. You have to cut it to find it doesn't fit. No matter what I cannot with good concience recommend stockinteriors.com to anyone buying for a 240sx

Encryptshun

Fortunately I didn't get the mass backing option when I got my carpet. I concur 100% that it's a waste of money, but I have a feeling that any of the "premade" carpet outlets get their stuff from the same mill, which would have the same mold. Please someone prove me wrong and I'll plunk another $150 to get carpet that fits better than this crap.

I should have searched more before I bought from them. Lesson learned.

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

After I realized that the stock interior's carpet wasn't fitting, i took my car to a local and very reputable shop that has done work for me in the past to have them purchase and install a carpet kit for me.

Even the carpet they got from their supplier wouldn't work. Now I have a custom made carpet liner in my car. The company that my shop was using kept asking if my car was a 2 seater or had a backseat. They couldn't fathom that there was no such thing as a 2 seater 240sx.

Encryptshun

tenkawa_akito wrote:They couldn't fathom that there was no such thing as a 2 seater 240sx.

U meen I have a s2000 this hole tyme??? No wunder teh 240 carpet wont fit!!!111oneone1

Stupid companies who aren't subject matter experts for their own products FTL.

BoBa524
Car: 1995 240SX SE

i got the stock interiors carpet in my car and the fit is horrible, but it will have to do until i can find something else.

Encryptshun

BoBa524 wrote:i got the stock interiors carpet in my car and the fit is horrible, but it will have to do until i can find something else.
^ yup, and that will be a while. I wonder what Home Depot would charge to just throw in some champagne berber.

Return to “Interiors”