Cargo Lights Missing?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
susana
Car: Rogue

Am I the only out there who doesn't have a cargo light? I have a Rogue SL AWD, and according to the online manuals and specifications on the Nissan website http://www.nissanusa.com/rogue/specifications.html, the cargo light comes standard in the SL version.

Upon pickup of my Rogue this morning, the dealership handed me an instructional DVD, manuals, and keys. While watching this DVD, it talked about a cargo light . I ran out to my car and inspected all over the cargo area and found no cargo light what-so-ever! I need my cargo light!

I thought I could overlook the fact that the gas door doesn't lock, but now with the cargo light missing, it is another disappointment. How can a brand new vehicle in this day and age not have these basic features?

Does anyone know what can be done at this point? I plan on going to the dealership tomorrow and demand that they do something about this. Perhaps this is a factory defect, and hopefully the manufacturer/dealer would address this issue.

Kirk in Iowa

Susana,

I also have the SL AWD with premium package. Mine has a cargo light. It's located on the rear hatch door...drivers side.

If you have the SL, you should have the cargo light. There are two rectangular plastic inserts in the back hatch. One should hold the cargo light and switch to turn it on and off (with the door).

Your dealer should be able to install one. Wiring should be there already, so I wouldn't expect this shouldn't be a big deal.

Let us know what happens.

Kirk

philipa_240sx

I have an SL FWD model. It came with the cargo light. Funny, I didn't find it on the first dark evening as the switch was turned off.

susana
Car: Rogue

Thanks for the reply. And well, eventually I found it! :D

I must say, it is strange to have it on the door. I'm so used to seeing it in the trunk, on one of the side walls. The manual nor the introduction DVD does not make its location clear either.

Anyhow, I'm happy that it DOES exist. Maybe as a default setting, Nissan should have it set to "on" by default to avoid this confusion? Just a thought.

Etch
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL - Phantom White

lol.. We were wondering why we didn't have a cargo light either the first night we had it. I guess the switch is set to off from the factory?? lol

boooey

not sure why they decided to put the light where they did. Its pretty much useless in that location.

jsellberg
Car: '08 rogue iridium graphite sl awd premium

lol i didnt know i had one until i was reading this forum. it was switched to off by default so i never saw it.

i think the location is fine. my interior lights light up the cargo area fine and the cargo kind of fills in so that not only is the cargo area lit up, but just in front of it as well.

gi'me

I went to the hardware store and purchased one of those stick-on, LED light clusters for some added illumination. I just have to wait for night time to figure out where the most effective place to put it. I think high on the C-pillar.

Return to “Rogue Forum”