Cargo capacity

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
mr_grumpy
Car: Currently Subaru Forester

Hi all,Sorry if this has been asked/posted before but I can't find it.

Could an owner of an EX35 please advise if they are happy with the load space with the seats up? Can you fit in the weeks' shopping for a couple with no kids?

When the seats are down, how long and wide is the space? Is the FX's cargo area bigger?

Thanks,Mr Grumpy

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

Welcome to our group!
mr_grumpy wrote:Sorry if this has been asked/posted before but I can't find it.
This hasn't been discussed extensively, but there are a couple of related threads like this one.

The EX's shortish wheelbase and fastback styling do indeed limit its cargo carrying, but I haven't found this to be a problem when there are only 2 passegers (or even 3).
mr_grumpy wrote:Could an owner of an EX35 please advise if they are happy with the load space with the seats up?
Yes, I find it ample, but I'll qualify it to say that when I have 4 passengers and some stuff to carry, I use our other car, a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Ltd.
mr_grumpy wrote:Can you fit in the weeks' shopping for a couple with no kids?
Absolutely, without a doubt.
mr_grumpy wrote:When the seats are down, how long and wide is the space? Is the FX's cargo area bigger?
I haven't taken any measurements, but I had a 2008 FX as a loaner from the dealer one day, and I didn't find its cargo space materially different.

Cheers,David

EX55

The EX brochure says 18.6 cubic feet with the seats up but no number for seats folded down. I have read that it has 49 cubic feet with seats folded down, from unofficial sources. For comparison sake, our Subaru Outback has ~ 65 cu-ft w/ folded seats.

You can definitely get a week's worth of groceries in the back. What sold us was the ability to put suitcases in the back. I told my wife we couldn't buy the car if we could not pick up 2 people at the airport and store their suitcases. My wife made me take 2- 28" suitcases down to the dealership and test fit them (a little embarassing). They fit side by side , flat, with the wheels in first and still allowed room for another large suitcase or other stuff on top. For maximum capacity, I would remove the privacy roll-up device.

I don't think my wife will let my haul lumber from home depot in it. A 2x4 might scratch the seat leather.

rubystar88
Car: EX 35

I have downsided from a 4Runner to the EX35 and find rear storage ok, especially since I took the cargo cover out.I wish the cabin had more storage space tho, still trying to figure out where to put a trash receptacle!"With both rows of seats in place, the EX35 has 18.6 cubic feet of space, compared with the 13.5 cubic feet available in the sedan. Push a button, and the second-row power-folding seats will disappear to significantly expand the available cargo space.With the seats down there is 55.7 cubic feet of cargo volume. That means the EX can handle most trips to Home Depot"

zozoka1212
Car: 08 Infiniti G35x

I think there is planty enough room in the cargo area for the EX.
rubystar88 wrote:"With both rows of seats in place, the EX35 has 18.6 cubic feet of space, compared with the 13.5 cubic feet available in the sedan.
That is correct and the Sedan has bigger interior room. I think the G has 99 and EX has 87-88 not sure.That is the only downside of the EX. Second row has no room. I love the EX. I think it is sexy as it comes from the line. Hope they will pair it with the 7 gear AT and the 3.7l engine as the 09 G sedan.

zozo

Kenike
Car: EX AWD

Hi,

Since I originally went in for the FX to fit my two dog crates I took actual measurements.

The FX was two inches wider at the point where the wheel wells go in. (the narrowest part of the cargo area).

On the length it was a good 5-6 inches longer with the rear seats down.

Since my dogs/crates are small I knew they would fit in the back of the EX very nicely with the seats down after I measured both vehicles and compared. I took them out the very next day. I was able to put lots of stuff in the back part even with the crates in there and still had more than enough room to comfortably load them from the back seat doors.

PS; My salesman just looked at me when he offered to let me sit in the drivers seat of the EX and I replied if my dogs cannot fit in the back I do not need to bother sitting in the car. LOL.

A Very expensive new Pug-Mobile is what he sold me. LOL.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”