Cargo Area Lighting

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

(silly me)

OK - usually, I'm pretty observant, but I had this car over a month before I realized there's a light in the cargo area on the right-hand side AND on the liftgate itself! Both have the typical 3-position switch for ON, ON-when-open and OFF.

Anyway, thought I'd post in case anyone else hadn't noticed.

rubbersidedown
Car: Infiniti EX35. Black & Chestnut. All options but Tech Pkg. RWD.

You are too hard on yourself - it took me 2 months before I noticed that. I think we are all so bedazzled by the nifty high-tech features that we fail to notice the basic stuff for a while. I mean, it took me two weeks to learn not to pull out my key every time I went to open the door!

allthatjazz
Car: 2008 Blue Onyx EX35 Tech

It took me a couple of weeks to notice, I only realized there was a second light on the tailgate on Sunday.

I am glad you indicated what the three switch positions are. Too busy to read the manual, and I must really be in the twilight zone, to figure out the basic switch positions for ON-when-open, so I just turned it off.

Like rubberside said,
rubbersidedown wrote: ... all so bedazzled by the nifty high-tech features that we fail to notice the basic stuff for a while

Bay Area Frank
Car: Infiniti EX35

I'm just about up to 30 days of ownership, and I did not know about the lights. I must thank you for telling me.

--Frank

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

Thanks everyone, for letting me know I'm not alone in this and that the post was somewhat helpful!

HilJai
Car: Infiniti EX35

Well, me too! I didn't notice it until 2 or 3 weeks into ownership. One more thing to let you guys know that I just noticed today. It is very hot in Toronto today and when I start the car, the climate control in automatic mode came on full power. When I push the voice command button to speak out my destination, I noticed that the fan slowed down to allow me to listen to her voice and allow me to speak. After my voice command completed, the fan went back to full speed. Anyone else found any other neat stuff like that?

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”