carburetor????

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
moredunes720
Car: 1985 nissan 720 4x4

After swapping and reswapping back to the old carb, The truck refuses to run properly, backfires through the carb, and generally ticks me off! It ran before, was just gutless...the carb i found had a sticky choke, so I redid all the mickey muse wiring that was done by a previous owner, installed with new harness and wiring, yet it won't idle properly. Also wondering if anyone knows any tips for adjusting clutch pedal endplay? any help wuold be mucho appreciated...this is my toy and I can't play right now lol. It runs when I screw with the timing, but the fast idle is too high and it wont rev down. thanks

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

well... it sounds like you have some sort of vacuum issue... can't say for sure if thats all thats wrong tho

as far as the clutch i have the directions on how to adjust it in my manual and i can get that for ya later

Kira-Hachi
Car: 1990 Sileighty / 1986 720 KingCab

I agree with PEZ. triple check the vacuum lines if you have to, sounds like it's not pulling in more fuel upon throttle pressure like it is supposed to. It happened to me all the time in my Cavalier Z24 (....... >_> ) A vacuum line would pop off to its fuel pressure regulator.

As for the clutch, I have no idea my 720 is an automatic

moredunes720
Car: 1985 nissan 720 4x4

thanks, i may have it and the wiring jacked up... it's been a long work in progress. If anyone has a quality pic of the the vacuum instead of the wonky diagram in my chilton's that would be cool. So far i'm only about $1400 dollars(inlcuding 800 in tires) into this thing, and I have not had to take it to a mechanic's shop. It's my $100 truck, and it's just...well...a matter of pride. The wife will never understand haha

Return to “Datsun 720”