Carbon fiber wrap in interior?

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
PostalsQ

I was going to set up a poll. But I think my IQ has gone down a bit after getting hit numerous times in the face & head. :gapteeth: so I was unable to.

Each to his own on this topic. Not a huge fan of the fake wood inserts within the interior. Was thinking if the price is right. Take it to a vinyl wrap shop and see If they can cover the wood with carbon fiber.

What do y'all think? :confused:

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

To my knowlege, Infiniti uses an actual wood veneer, not a fake insert.
Many owners have used vinyl wrap including me. There are pics in my sig below (2007 M35 album). Just be sure to buy a top rated brand like 3M and watch you tube videos to learn how to apply it. I had to remove and re-apply my wrap on one piece after it became accidentally scratched and after removing the piece to replace it, the original surface was NOT damaged and appeared just as it did before the original wrap was applied.

Debonair
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56

Making items appear to be made of a lightweight material while actually making them heavier has always been weird to me. That said CF look interior panels can look good if they match the overall look of the car and do not clash with the interior color.

Black interior is usually complimented the best by natural colored CF accents. Bright red, yellow, etc. interiors also look good since they are usually very sporty already. Tan/beige interiors should not have CF. I don't think I have ever seen a colored-CF interior that I have found attractive.

I personally would do a brushed aluminum in dark gray or black rather than CF.

All my opinion of course.

DoN_BLaZe34
Car: 2007 M45 Sport - Sold
2006 FX45 - Traded
2014 Q70S 5.6 - Sold
2017 Q70L 5.6 - Current

Plenty have wrapped the wood, myself included. Go for it.

jmissile
Car: 2011 m56s

PostalsQ, what color is your interior? I like the idea of a dark colored brushed aluminum, lol sometimes I get alot of glare from the factory dash pieces when the sun is at the right angle, and I wished it weren't so glossy.

PostalsQ

I have a black interior. I'm really open to suggestions other than CF. I like the brushed aluminum look. And gray sounds good too.

BTW, opinions are what I'm after. Y'all might come up with a better idea.

Larz

I'm with Debonair. Using CF wrap is a nice idea ... but ... you don't want to undo the already nice looking interior or add CF and have the interior look like crap. When I did my 2007, the car was black, the dash and door trim was black. A nice 3D black CF wrap looked great. My 09 is moonlight white pearl / wheat interior. There is NO option for CF with that interior. I tried a bright silver and had to remove it. It just looked 'bad'. Infiniti uses gray for the dash and door trim with the wheat interior so there is already that issue (gray with beige?). If they had done it properly with a brown dash and door trim, there would be more options. But since they already introduced one color that is out of place, you cannot add another color that will match both - aside from brushed aluminum and I'm not a fan.

SwissCheeseHead
Car: 11 M37x, 94 BMW 530i

I love my silver rubbed Japanese ash trim. Why the H would I cover it up with tacky-a$$ CF vinyl... :rotflmao No offense to those who have :)

Larz

No offense taken, mate. I reckon I'm more of a purist when it comes to wood trim. I love a nice natural-looking wood. The ash trim is not my fav but I agree it is certainly better than the orange, red, or yellow CF I have seen. Those may fly in a Ferrari, etc but NOT in our cars. To me, the ash trim looks ever so slightly un-natural. My absolute fav are the natural stone veneers available in the Bentley. They are amazingly brilliant, but probably too pricey for other car makers who need to keep prices in line with the masses.

infinitedrift
Car: 99' Cherokee
11' M56s
03' M45
03' Maxima(SOLD)
08' M35
91' 240(SOLD)
07' Crown Vic (wink)

I wrapped mine as well with black brushed aluminum. You can see it in the last pic of the Beat Sonic install thread. I had the reddish looking veneer, I didn't like it. Now, if I had the Japanese ash I'd keep that but for some reason Japanese ash does not come in "S" models.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”