carb problems!

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
jdamion
Car: 1980 Datsun Pickup

so a few days ago my pickup starts to cut out and sputter, ran low on gas and it died, so i figured i ran out of gas, managed to get a half tank in it and replaced the fuel filter and a fuel line under the hood. and it continutes to sputter and die / cut out when i try to drive it, i think maybe the choke may be stuck open, could this be the problem?

i know i still need to sea foam it and rebuild the carb. but i just wanna do a quick fix untill i have enough saved up for a weber carb conversion. ( 2 weeks?)

any help will be nice. thanks in advance. the haynes manual isnt all that clear...

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

try the vac lines before you assume the carb is bad... or possibly ignition stuff

i wouldn't say its specifically a carb problem itself as much as something around the carb... and if you plan on doing a conversion, a rebuild on the carb (which doesn't end well most of the time) is probably not worth your time or money

vac lines are cheap... start there

flinterman2000
Car: 2000 Nissan Wingroad, 85 Datsun 720 Pick Up.

jdamion wrote:i know i still need to sea foam it but i just wanna do a quick fix
Sea foam is a quick fix. May be there is something lodged by the inlet valve limiting the supply of fuel, or your timing is out somewhat.

Return to “Datsun 720”