Car wont crank or turn over

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
ml_240sx
Car: 240sx

I have a 92 240sx with a twin cam ka24 motor. I just bought this car. Story behind with car is. It was in a small fender bender. I had to pull the core out about 1 inch and replace the battery. (still needs new fender passenger side light and bumper) So I put a battery in the car wouldnt turn. I tried to jump start it and still the same. All the gauges light up lights work inside and out all electrical works just not the engine. I dont get it. I put the key in the ignition I see the 0MPH, the time (it said 3oclock) and the cel setbelt and 2 other gauges light up and the radio comes on. I went to crank and nothing no turn or anything. The 0MPH went away the radio turned off. and I noticed the clock reset back to 1oclock. I messed with the wires some more and still the same.

From the wreck there is no engine damage at all.

any ideas?

ml_240sx

another update. I contacted the seller he told me this:" Check the clutch switch on the clutch pedal it thats not pushing in or plugged in it won't crank. and the fusable link in the relay box on the passanger side under the hood. check to see if you are getting power to the relay box. the only problem i had was a loose cable it did the same thing."

So i guess its for sure something electical. just gotta find out where. Im going to try to push start it in a little bit. trying to get my friend to come over with a truch. my drive way sucks so ill need his help. ill keep giving updates.

ml_240sx

another update. I push started my car and it cranked right up.. which relays should I make sure if connected properly? for it to crank

CSUPUEBLOTIM
Car: 1992 240sx Sr20det Coupe Silvia Front

Starter relay/circuit

madracer36
Car: '91 nissan p/u

sounds like, what nissan calls an inhibitor relay out under hood is not workin, i worked for nissan dealership for several years and have seen this many times. good battery, everything lites up, just no crank.........i would start there. should be out in relay center.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”