Car won't start: iKey and push button related

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
planBe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 2.5S

So I go to my car this morning and open the door as I normally would by pressing the button on the handle and sit in the car. I press the brake and push the start button but nothing happens. The car won't even switch to accessory. I dock the key and try again. Still no luck.

I lock the door and run back to the house to grab my other iKey. I run back out and unlock the door (again using the proximity feature). I get in the car, press the brake, and push the button. Still no luck.

Has this happened to anyone before? What is the problem? How can I fix it?

atlanta3.5
Car: 2007 Altima 3.5SL

sounds like the car may not be in park? Did you try to move the shift out of park and then back in?this could be a broken sensor

07wHiTE 3.5SE 6sPD
Car: 2007 Winter Frost Pearl Altima Sedan, 3.5SE, 6MT, Tech pack., Sport pack., Premium pack., & OEM Nav

I doubt the problem is related to the vehicle being in park because it would at least switch to accessory or ignition on... there is a fuse in the inside fuse box i believe that says "push button ign" or something like that...if the fuse is not in there check the main fuse/relay box under the hood... i know there is a push button fuse... check to see if its blown and needs replacement. Remember to use the same amp as the old one if replacement is needed.

planBe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 2.5S

I'm not sure what the issue was but my car started when I tried again an hour later. I'd still like to know what caused the problem in the first place.

Zenpato
Car: 350z

If it's not a fuse , then it might be your Brake assembly switch . This happened to my girls Altima a few months ago. It get worse as time goes by and then your car wont start at all. Should be covered under warranty..

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”