Car won't start electrical issues (Ka24de)

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
S13_coupe

When key is turned to on position the engine won't turn over no clicks no sounds but lights are on. I hooked up a ground from the fuse box th wasn't hooked up and tried again. This time no lights at all no open door ring, but there is a buzzing noise from the fuse box when key is being turned. battery was checked and is good. Could it be a blown ignition relay? And as for the lights no longer coming on and the open door ding is gone, did I short an accessory relay? I know absolutely nothing about electrical if you can't tell. All help will be appreciated.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Well, I'm not sure from here, but you saying you connected a ground in the fuse box and stuff stopped working even more tells me that there was a mistake. Disconnect that "ground" maybe. Check all your fuses in both boxes (engine bay and drivers side footwell). Once that's fixed, you can get back to the original issue of it not starting. Maybe it's a relay. If you have a 5 speed, maybe the clutch pedal isn't pushing the button switch (it's right underneath the clutch pedal) and so it won't start without that. Or, it could be the starter solenoid. Or it could be the starter motor contacts are worn out completely. Did you have troubles starting it for a while and it finally stopped completely or was it out of nowhere that it suddenly won't start?

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

If it's an automatic, I think there's a park/ neutral switch you want to check on and make sure it's communicating properly. Basically, the car won't want to start if it can't tell it's in neutral/ park.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”