car will not crank!!

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
SRdS14
Car: Workin on my car, chillin with friends, basically whatever...

all right fellas...i was driving down the road yesterday. and i hit a pretty hard dip. my car started sputtering and what not directly after i hit it. i drove it (sputtering) for about a half a mile to my house, where it automatically shut off as soon as i stopped. i checked all my intercooler piping, my sensors, checked various places where it could have grounded out, everything seems FINE. i have no where else to look. all i know is my car will crank, but will not turn over and fire. anyone ever experienced this same problem? NOPI is in a week...i'm hoping that it is something simple (i.e. something loose) but i need to find this problem and fix it. i'd appreciate you guys' help...if anyone has had a problem like this before, please respond...thanks! ~Scott 95 sr20det

SRdS14

nevermind...fixed.

Daunttless

heh, what was your problem and what was your solution?

SRdS14

well..i did my swap the JWT ecu way, u have to use the rwd distributor and it takes away the direct fire... we had to rewire the plug that went into the distributor (crimping, etc.) well, when i hit the bump yesterday, it knocked a wire loose from the crimp. so it wouldn't turn over. it was taped over, so i really couldn't see it last night. also, the bump knocked the starter wire off the starter. some frikken dip in the road, huh?? its all good....i saudered them bad boys.~Scott

Daunttless

Cool, just wondered as it might be useful to someone else. : )

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”