Car totaled?

General discussion area for the L30-chassis Altima
nissan98altima
Car: 98 Nissan Altima GXE

Hey, i wanted to know what you guys think about the status of the car.

I was in an accident and do not know the condition of the car since it is sunday. I have attached pics to show damage but i do not know if the car is worth fixing?

I have liability insurance so i will have to pay out of pocket.

Both airbags deployed and not sure if window broke or was open.

I am a new user so i am sorry for not following an etiquette if there is one.

I had the car for 7k miles and bought it for 1700. Should i just scrap it and pay for another used car or should i repair it? I am going to talk to a mechanic and see what he says tomorrow since they are closed on sunday.

Thanks.

stm37s
Car: 2012 300 SRT8
2011 M37S
2006 Range Rover HSE (Wife's Ride)
2012 Camaro LS (Wife's Ride)
95 Impala SS (sold)
2004 Impala SS (sold)
2012 Hyundai Veloster (Daughters Ride)

Sorry to hear that man, glad ur o.k. To answer ur question, if it costs more to fix it then you paid for, I would get another ride but if you have any sentimental for it, then get it fixed. Why you don't have full coverage? just wondering, good luck whichever route you choose

nissan98altima
Car: 98 Nissan Altima GXE

Well, i am a 21 year old. I had my license for 4 years but my parents wanted me to still get liability because the high cost of insurance/value of the car.

I do like the car since it was my daily driver of roughly 100-125 miles a day for 6 months. It had its issues but i thought it would last another year since i am starting up school again. I put about 7k miles in 6 months because of work and thought the car treated me well.

I think i will probably just scrap the car and make a few bucks on it.

Thanks for your help.

Return to “2nd Generation Altima Sedan (1998-2001)”