Car swerves left and right after accident

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
DaNEWgUy

I recently hit the curb with my passenger side front wheel. After that my steering wheel wasnt centered. I went to a shop and they told me that my front passenger control arm was bent. They got me a used one from a junk yard and switched them. After that I drove the car and it seemed to pretty much drive straight if I released the steering wheel but at the same time steering wheel was not centered. So I went to a tire shop and had my wheel alignment done. After wheel alignment the steering wheel was centered but I noticed the car completely goes to the left if I release the steering wheel and sometimes to the right. I also noticed when driving on the highway above 60 or so my steering wheel really shakes. I think this was due to the fact that my rim is a lil bent. So switched my passeger side front rim with the rear one. I think that seemed to help that out. My two questions after this long story are is there any way I can fix my bent rim and what can I do to make my car drive straight more or less?

BTW I did a search and really couldnt find anything.

Thanks.

f8sjester

use a search engine (not NICO's) and look up "rim repair". . there are dozens to choose from. . . and if your rim is bent badly enough that you can actually see it with your naked eye then fixing it would go a LOOOOONG way in stopping the shaking. . .

matt0941
Car: Counter-Strike, Cars, Girls (in that order)

Most of the time steering wheel shaking is due to suspension and not rims. And a hit to the wheel hard enough to just bend the control arm really doesn't bend a rim that often.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”